IELTS writing task 2 - Advertisements - drawbacks and benefits

TrcQynh 1 / 1  
I'm going to take the IELTS exam next month and I really appreciate if you guys can spend your time helping me with my writing task 2. Thank you so much for all your help.

Advertisements are becoming more and more common in everyday life.

Is it a positive or negative development?

Advertising is becoming ubiquitous these days due to the rapid development of the economy and an increasing number of new business. From my perspective, such a development, although detrimental at some points, could be seen as an essential step forward.

On the one hand, advertisements bring several benefits to both customers and companies. Advertising informs people about the existence of a variety of products in the market before making a purchase. For instance, if someone wants to buy a watch, they can check out numerous advertisements, including both online and offline ads, to decide which one is the most appropriate product. Moreover, this marketing strategy also helps the companies build customer's loyalty and contributes to its reputation. It is clear that the popularity of advertising has paved the way for an incredible speed of economic growth.

On the other hand, promoting advertising widespread is disadvantageous in some certain aspects. Firstly, customers can be misled and manipulated by the firms. In other words, different appealing advertisements in the supermarkets could affect buyers to make impulsive purchasers for unnecessary products. Furthermore, some companies make false claims to the customers by exaggerating the real quality of the products. As a result, people buy unqualified products have to bear all the costs such as money, time or even their health. Needless to say, advertising still obtains its own adverse ramifications, which people need to avoid.

In conclusion, although there are some drawbacks of daily advertising, I believe this new term of marketing will revolutionary develop to the prosperity of the economy as well as people standard life.
robinm147 1 / 2  
Moreover, this marketing strategy also helps the companies build ...--Better to write the essay from customrs viewpoint rather than the advertise

... paved the way for an incredible speed of economic growth.---Nothing is written to substantiate the statement
Truc, this is not a comparison essay. This is a single opinion essay whose response is based upon one of the two choices provided to you in the original discussion prompt. Your approach to the essay used the comparison discussion approach instead which, although acceptable to a certain extent, will limit the actual high score your essay can achieve through a proper task response. Had you chosen to address the essay from one supporting angle, you would have scored better with this essay as it would have shown your ability to understand the given instructions and discuss it accordingly. Due to the comparison discussion that you used, the essay failed to totally and accurately respond to the prompt requirements. So I do not believe that this is an essay that can receive a passing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 2 - Advertisements - drawbacks and benefits