IELTS/ TASK 2/ Advertisements are good or bad for the society

julius234 1 / 2  

How Does Advertising Affect societies?

Some people think that advertisements are good for the society whereas others oppose this view.
Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
Write at least 250 words

In a view of marketing, there is a debatable issue about whether advertisements are positive or negative for society. From my standpoint, I totally agree with the view that adverts are merit. In this essay, I will give both reasons for the merits and demerits of advertisements.

On the other hand, almost advertisements strongly manipulate people. When watching adverts we usually are persuaded to follow the latest trend which exists temporarily. As a result, it leads to forming the materialistic lifestyle in youngsters who are susceptible. Besides, parents always are put pressure by their offspring to buy unnecessary thing is supposed the newest or hottest. A brick manufactured by Supreme, for example, was sold out after it was launched a couple of days; however, it does not have any useful function except decoration.

Apart from I concerned about, advertising has myriad benefits for not only business but also consumers. In modern enterprises, adverts about their products are indispensable to access their potential customers because there are no other ways for newly opened companies to show their products publicly without it. In this way, the revenue increases significantly; therefore, it contributes economically to the enterprise's development. Relating to customers, adverts can be seen as a form of contemporary art which is enjoyed a lot. Some viral clips, for example, usually not only have special story behind but also contain some picturesque views for unwinding.

Despite some negative impacts on lifestyle of young-aged people, adverts are still useful enormously for both businesses and their customers. Thus, I completely support advertisements due to economic and art aspects it brings.
thunguyen92 2 / 5 2  
The first sentence of the second paragraph should be "on the one hand"
"parents always ... thing which is supposed to be the newest or hottest" i think this view is not clear enough. How about " Advertisements encourage young people to purchase unnecessary items which are merely suitable with current trend"

"to access their potential customers" = to approach

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS/ TASK 2/ Advertisements are good or bad for the society