Advertising industry has laid an adverse impact on real basic needs of consumer

smokinbomberz 1 / -  
Today the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Sol:-
In the recent times, advertising has emerged as unbreakable tool for marketing and promoting products. People are always keen to look for latest products available in the market irrespective of their price and usage. In my opinion, advertising industry has laid an adverse impact on real basic needs of consumer.

To begin with, on ethical grounds advertising industry has lost its real purpose of awareness. People have become more materialistic by the flamboyant image of products. This can be illustrated by the example of current Indian car market. Initially there were only few Japanese automobile companies in India, invasion of expensive German cars have enthralled whole market response. People are financing cars madly, in spite of hefty rate of interest. They have forgotten about their genuine need of four wheeler vehicle.

Secondly, it is generally felt that more frequent ads of different brands with top end players or most popular film stars induced people for brand loyalty. Top end players and famous film stars acts as people role models. Such ads induces younger generation adversely, ultimately raised a question of affordability for parents. For instance, Promoters often take Indian cricket star batsman Sachin Tendulkar as their brand ambassador, in order to attract innocent children for selling their products.

Thirdly, opponents widely point out that advertisements sometimes manipulate factual information. Ad makers nowadays try to hide real facts about the product and emphasize mainly about its eye catchy merits. They play with sentiments of consumer by misguiding them. For example, in most of ads, promoters show only easy affordable EMI's but they would not tell you the hidden cost attached with that commodity.

In contrast, supporters often maintain that advertisements act as most efficient tool of marketing and raising awareness about availability of products in current markets. It enhances consumer approach and knowledge in a more precise way. For example, in general companies mainly concentrate on metropolitan areas for marketing and promotions due to their restricted budgets. These TV ads provide great deal of awareness to countrymen about available products in market.

To sum up, unethical means of advertisements has raised a question on media's efficiency and integrity. After considering every aspect, I like to reiterate that ad makers and promoters should understand their main goal of public awareness and should take rigorous steps to eradicate unwanted means which thwarts our progress.
In the recent times, advertising has emerged as an unbreakable tool for marketing and promoting products.

In my opinion, the advertising industry has had an adverse impact on real basic needs of consumer.

People are financing cars madly, in spite of the hefty rate of interest.

They have forgotten about their genuine need for a four wheel vehicle.

Top end players and famous film stars acts as people's role models.

Such ads inducesthe younger generation adversely, and ultimately raised a question of affordability for parents.

For instance, p romoters often take Indian cricket star batsman Sachin Tendulkar as their brand ambassador, in order to attract innocent children for selling their products to .

In contrast, supporters often maintain that advertisements act as the most efficient tool in marketing and raising awareness about the availability of products in current markets.

To sum up, unethical means of advertisements have raised a question on the media's efficiency and integrity.

... awareness and should take rigorous steps to eradicate unwanted means which thwarts our progress.

You've made some good points! Have fun in school and good luck!

:)

Home / Writing Feedback / Advertising industry has laid an adverse impact on real basic needs of consumer