It is advised that kids should start learning foreign language early, at least from primary school

Hanson 1 / -  

Children should begin learning a foreign language at primary schools

There has been a tendency that many children should be introduced to a second language at elementary schools instead of middle schools. While there are both advantages and disadvantages associated with this topic, I think the positive aspects take precedence over the drawbacks.

On the one hand, it is obvious that there are a number of significant disadvantages in relation to this phenomenon. One of the most evident drawbacks is that exposing a new language to children during the early stage of life is overwhelming and negatively affects their mental development. Young pupils may find struggling to absorb a great deal of vocabulary and grammar that considerably interfere with the development of their native tongues; consequently, children may end up speaking both languages poorly. A recent research conducted by a group of educationists indicated that more than 32% of participants who were bilingual had experienced some mental problems in their childhood because of high frequency of switching different languages. Another negative aspect of children's exposure to a foreign language in elementary education is putting an extra burden on them. They have to deal with a massive amount of academic work at schools, and it would be much more stressful in case that they have to study an extra language at the same time.

On the other hand, I think that the positively far reaching impacts outnumber the risks involved. To begin with, it is undoubted that it will be easier for students to unlock a new language at primary schools rather than middle schools. Children's brains are highly receptive at an early age that helps them easily acquire a new language in a natural way. Additionally, kids are not afraid of making mistakes and are able to confidently communicate with people. Another significant benefit is that starting to learn a second language at a young age allows children to achieve a higher level of proficiency. Children are likely to master the new language as they have more time to get accustomed to it. Consequently, this opens up many windows of opportunity to them.

In conclusion, although there are some potential drawbacks regarding adding a foreign language in the curriculums of primary schools instead of those of secondary schools, I think that there are a plethora of advantages that outweigh the negative aspects.
The Task 2 essay requires you to clearly express your opinion, with a valid explanation within 40 minutes. That means, you can write no more than 290 words for the task. There is absolutely no way you can write an almost 400 word essay in such a short time span. Sure you can type fast and provide seven reasons in one paragraph. The question is, did you meet the rubic scoring requirements that do not take note of the length of your essay when scoring your work. Exactly.

The shorter the essay, 275-290would be ideal, the less mistakes you will make for each scoring consideration. In this case, the LR problems and constant use of paragraph fillers, meant to lengthen the essay but not really help increase the quality of writing and clarity of discussion are what makes me believe your work will encounter several scoring problems in an actual test.

You do not need to present all the reasons in the world in your paragraphs if you cannot accurately maintain the explanation development in each paragraph. Your presentations are long, but little developed. It creates confusion for the reader. specially since your reasons do not connect with one another in the paragraph. There is a lack of transitioning skill between discussion which affect the C&C in the presentation. These errors are the biggest problem you have in your writing. Just use one reason and fully explain that. It will get you a better score than using 3 reasons, with very little valid or convincing explanations included.

Always remember the score is based on opinion clarity, not word count. Long essays will ensure a failing test result majority of the time.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is advised that kids should start learning foreign language early, at least from primary school