Do you agree that the internet has transformed lives and economies?

maruko_a2609 4 / 7 1  
My topic is that: "The Internet has transformed lives and economies but it is turning the world into a global village. Soon everybody will think and behave in the same way.

To what extend do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
There is no doubt that the Internet bring huge innovation for whole globe, especially for lives and economies. However, some people look on the opposite site, in which they see that it is turning the world into a global village and soon everybody will think and behave in the same way.

Thanks to the invention of Internet, people all over the world are brought to be much closer than the past. Nowadays, the geographical distance is not a problem in human life with the help of the Internet and many communication applications, such as yahoo, Facebook, twitter. People are allowed to make friends everywhere, therefore, human life becomes more comfortable after high- pressure work or studies. It is obvious that the Internet plays a vital role in economies. In modern society, all of economic information is transferred by Internet with a fast rate which never had in the past, it helps businessman to make reasonable decision in right time.

However, there is a question raised by some people, whether everybody will think and behave in the same way. There is a fact that, accompanying with the decrease of geographical distance and globalization megatrend, the traditional barriers are gradually erased. Some weak nations may be affected by some strong nations' tradition. People from these countries, especially the young tend to follow trends, most of which comes from strong- economy nations. This trends may be the way of thinking, the life style, the fashion or the entertainment. As a result, the national identity is being threatened to be delete.

To conclusion, the Internet streamed our lives and economies evidently, but government should have solutions to protect national idenity while the globalization is happening rapidly now.

Many thanks!
 
There is no doubt that the Internet bring huge innovation for whole globe, especially for lives and economies.

... it has already brought it. This is my suggestion;
Without any doubt, the internet has brought about many changes into the lives of modern people and economies.

However, some people look on the opposite site, in which they see that it is turning the world into a global village and soon everybody will think and behave in the same way.

.... your prompt does not suggest that some people negatively think about the influence of internet and claim that it would one day lead to a global village. It simply says that soon everybody will think alike. Always stay aligned with your prompt. Read it carefully and present the same sense it suggests.
OP maruko_a2609 4 / 7 1  
Thank you very much, Dumi :)
I'm very happy with your help. I come from Viet Nam, where are you from? ^.^

From Sri Lanka :) ... I toured in Vietnam last year and it's a gorgeous country.... So beautiful and more or less like my little island :D

:"> so shy. Many thanks, Malhamed :D

... typos do happen often ;)
Guess you prepare for IELTS or TOEFL...
OP maruko_a2609 4 / 7 1  
Oh, It sounds great but I'm regreted that we didn't meet sooner :)
Sri Lanka, I wish I had chance to visit there ^^.
Thank you very much. It's useful for my preparation for IELTS and I really want to receive your help more times :P

Home / Writing Feedback / Do you agree that the internet has transformed lives and economies?