Do you agree or disagree that people benefit more traveling in their own country ...?

Peifen 1 / -  
Do you agree or disagree that people benefit more traveling in their own country than in other foreign country?

Recently, people have more chances and are affordable to travel around the world.
They travel not only their own local country but also other foreign countries such as: China, America, Australia or Europe. Furthermore, most people travel for bunch of reasons. Some people want to pursuit more fun or explore more of the world. But when it comes to the benefits of travel, I think some will hold that traveling in their own can learn more or others will pose the they encounter more stuff in foreign countries.

In my opinion, traveling in my own country indeed has more solid background in my mind. I want to explore more deeply when I travel in my country. Take last trip for example. My friends and I went to my hometown, the northern part of Taiwan, Keelung. They all know the most famous place, the night market or bizzaar well, but I would like to take to them to eat the local food or snack out from it and told them the history of them.

On the other side, when traveling in other country, I am more curious about everything I encounter in my country. Therefore, I am just looking or watching what they showed to me. Specifically speaking, this phenomenon is superficial and lack of intellect inside. But I still have lots of pleasure and unforgettable memory.

Hence, I think whether one can benefit from the travel in her or his country or the foreign country it really depends on what they received after the travel.
danielgabriel 1 / 2  
I absolutely agree, first know you're own backyard before you go to someone else. Usually when people travel they basically do the same thing when they get there as they do at home. Turn on the tv and be lazy there and call it a vacation. If you travel the current country you are in, live it, explore it, and know how to interact then you will learn useful skills when entering new territory like another country. Then you will have a real vacation and not "watch tv in a far away room from home".
Recently, people have more chances to travel around the world, and it has become more affordable.

They travel not only their own local country but also other foreign countries. such as: China, America, Australia or Europe. It is not good to give random examples. Also, Europe is not a country.

Some people want to pursuit pursue more fun or explore more of the world.

...will hold that traveling in their own can learn more or others will pose the they encounter more stuff in foreign countries. Ah! I don't know how to fix this sentence. You should divide it into 2 smaller, simpler sentences.

In my opinion, traveling in my own country indeed has more solid background in my mind. Again, here, you have to change the end of the sentence so that it is simple and clear. I don't know exactly what you mean.

The discussion you gave in the second half of the essay is very good!! Even though some of your sentences were unclear, the overall meaning is clear. Keep it simple, and keep practicing.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Do you agree or disagree that people benefit more traveling in their own country ...?