Agree or disagree: Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.

Crystal812 23 / 55 11  
Within the last few generations, there has been an unprecedented improvement of technology in society. People have been arguing on the question whether technology has an adverse effect on creativity for many years. Some people believe that technology distracts young people from innovation, however, I will claim that technology is vitally important for children's inventing from two perspectives: uniqueness and enthusiasm.

First of all, according to the definition of creativity, young individuals need to discover something new and unprecedented. It is critical for them to have a good command of what people have created before, so that they can make an actual difference. For instance: last year I watched a television show called the Shark Tank, in which a young pupil invented a cup always maintaining its temperature at an exact point. When talking about the process, he said that he did a lot of research to assure that nobody had done the same thing before.

In addition, there is another kind of approach of inventing, which is to combine two or even more imperceptibly irrelevant things in a brand new way. Take the train as an example: after the creating of steam machines, people combined engines with wheels carrying heavy goods on rails. Without the preceding contribution of technology, there will be less interesting inventions in this world. Children's creativity is greatly inspired by the continuous advancements of technology so that their enthusiasm is not iced.

To conclude, I strongly support the idea that technology facilitates children's creativity for the sake of uniqueness and inspiration. And we should pay attention to cultivating their creativity with the assistance of scientific techniques.
angga93 42 / 74 20  
Hello crystal... i admire your writing. the flow is easy to follow and you successfully construct some complex sentence. however, i think your first body paragraph does not strongly link to the introduction. In my perspective, in the first paragraph you state that uniqueness and enthusiasm of children inventors are influenced by technology, but i cannot find this influence in the next paragraph. In addition, i suggest to write some reason why the people assumed that technology is a distraction for young people so that the readers do not have to figure it out by themselves. For your future post, please don't forget to include the task. good job :)
OP Crystal812 23 / 55 11  
Thanks so much!
You are right. I realize that the second example is actually improper. It is not about kids. I will correct it.
wahyutri13 10 / 13  
Hello Crystal, it is a nice writing.
please be aware with adverb and adjective

children's inventinginvention from two perspectives: uniqueness and enthusiasm.

to + infinitive
And we should pay attention to cultivatingcultivate their creativity with the assistance of scientific techniques.
daisylad 2 / 5 1  
Hello Crystal,

Your essay is smooth and can be followed easily. However, I would suggest that you add more specific examples wherein technology promotes creativity.

Also, in agree-disagree essays, it would be a good idea to add arguments for both sides and then attempt to counteract the ones you don't agree with using the examples I mentioned above. Hope this helps!

Home / Writing Feedback / Agree or disagree: Technology has made children less creative than they were in the past.