Ielts - agriculture, manufacturing, and business and financial services and economy

eileenalien 8 / 20 4  
TASK 1: The graph below shows the contribution of three sectors- agriculture, manufacturing, and business and financial services- to the UK economy in the twentieth century.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart presents the economic portions that agriculture, manufacturing and business and financial services own in the year of 1900,1950, 1975 and 2000 respectively in Britain. The figures were shown in the percentage form.

It can be seen from the bar chart that there are two basic trends: downward and upward. As regards the first, the share for the agriculture and manufacturing dropped in varying pace from approximately 50% and 46% in 1990 to 2% and 18% in 2000 separately. By contrast, there was a gradual increase in the percentage of business and financial services sector, which saw a net growth amounted to around 34% in 20th century. More specifically, in 1900, agriculture contributed the largest portion to the UK economy. After going through a considerable decrease, it turned into the least contributor in 1975 and this position had been kept for the next 25 years. Meanwhile, business and financial services developed amazingly. As a result, in 2000, it owned the largest share to the Britain economy followed by manufacturing, which was in the second place.

It can be predicted that the portion of business and financial services will continue to rise while the other two continue to drop and level off at a comparatively low degree.

T.T I'm afraid that there are lots of grammatical mistakes...I don't know how to make comparison on this task.
I failed to upload the picture.

OP eileenalien 8 / 20 4  
Okay~ Thank u~ I will revise it today after finishing learning the "IELTS ACADEMIC WRITING" from the website you gave me =D
mhss 18 / 53 18  
Your sentence structure is impressive using synonyms to"contribution"
How ever, in IELTS, we are not expected to write our own views or predictions.

mhss.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts - agriculture, manufacturing, and business and financial services and economy