ESSAY ON ALCOHOL - lowered or not?

sillyxo 1 / 3  
" Write a short paragraph essay about if the drinking age should be lowered to 18 or stay at 21"

All United States citizen's of legal age or not, know that the legal drinking age for alcohol is twenty-one. Some may debate the subject whether or not the age limit should be decreased to eighteen. Being considered an adult at eighteen one should have the right to enjoy a glass of wine or champagne once in a while. Some mature faster than others and know when enough is enough. If any eighteen year old has the right to vote, buy cigarettes, and risk their lives in the army, why not grant the right to them?

In most countries the legal drinking age is eighteen. What makes teens in the United States so different that the limit here is twenty-one? Every store, liquor, and restaurant now consists of alcohol. How does someone state just because an adult is eighteen he or she is not responsible or mature enough to drink? How is a four-year difference in age going to decide whether alcohol is allowed in ones system. Just like every other person in the world, teens have their rights as well. If someone has the opportunity to place their opinion in a election and vote, that's major. Be able to buy as many packs of cigarettes a day, that involves maturity. Most of all risk their lives and fight for the nation, be able to hold a gun and kill another human being why not give them the privilege to consume alcohol?

If the drinking age was lowered, lives of teenagers would be saved. There wouldn't be the misuse of alcohol, binge drinking, hiding drinks at get parties, and even drunk driving. There wouldn't be as much accidents and death if it was okay to drink. Parents would know what their child is really up to and not have to worry because they know what is really happening. Being financially and socially independent one should be able to gulp down alcohol and not have to worry about being caught.

In conclusion, alcohol is a big deal, so is having rights as a citizen. Being a responsible adult, one knows better to whether or not how much alcohol is enough. With the age limit at twenty-one, the government should consider decreasing the legal age drinking and every eighteen year old would feel as if their rights are recognized.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Hi :) I can make a few suggestions:

All United States citizen'sof legal age or not, know that the legal drinking age for alcohol is twenty-one. Some maypeople debate the subject ofwhether or notthe age eighteen being the preferred minimum for alcohol consumption.limit should be decreased to eighteen.

Being considered an adult at eighteen one should have the right to enjoy a glass of wine or champagne once in a while.

This is confusing, if this is the basis for your argument, you need to strengthen this statement. You mean to say "In my opinion, an individual becomes adult when they turn 18, and they should be permitted to have alcohol."

Some mature faster than others and know when enough is enough.
This is not a supportive reason for your argument.

If an eighteen year old has the right to vote, buy cigarettes, and risk their lives in the army, why not grant them the right to drink?them?

Good point.

How is a fourthree -year difference in age going to decide whether alcohol is allowed in ones system. Eighteen year olds have many rights, just like every other person in the world. teens have their rights as well.If someone has the opportunity toAn eighteen year old can place their opinion in a election and vote, that is a major responsiblity . Be able to buy as many packs of cigarettes a day, that involves maturity. Most of all,they risk their lives and fight for the nation,be and are able to hold a gun and kill another human being why not give them the privilege to consume alcohol?

You are writing too many sentences as questions. It is distracting me from understanding the true reasons you mean to explain.
OP sillyxo 1 / 3  
Thanks so much for the response. I did realize my mistakes and about how i kept asking questions, i changed things up and answered the question myself! Thanks a ton, God bless.

Home / Writing Feedback / ESSAY ON ALCOHOL - lowered or not?