The alteration of US Oregon's state inhabitants in three counties

Anhy chan 12 / 23 1  
The graph below shows the population change between 1940 and 2000 in three different counties in the U.S state of Oregon.

the population had rocketed significantly

The line chart displays the information about the alteration of Oregon's inhabitant number from 1940 to 2000 which is compared in three different counties. At the first glance, all features indicated an upward trend, while Washington became the most populous city.

Intially, the most density area was seen in Washington, as such it placed by 75 thousands people in 1940 while the other two cities just stood at around 30 thousands. Following this, all features witnessed a gradual decrease until 1970. Interrestingly, Columbia and Yamhill has a similar pattern, therefore both of them stayed almost in same position, which is appoximately 45.000 society.

By 2000, Washington's population had rocketed significantly up to two fold from the former. As a result, it reached a peak at this period. On the other side, Columbia and Yamhill went grow up about twice. Eventually, the final population rate of Columbia was equal with Washington in the first period.

Sriwidayani, I am not sure if your tutor had told you this but, one of the scoring considerations in the task 1 essay is the accuracy with which you present and use the data supplied to you. You weren't able to really do that in this essay. Probably because you were not arrear of that rule. So in the overview, you should have indicated the names of the towns being compared along with the years of comparison. You can any just present selective information in the overview, you must represent the information to be presented in greater detail within the essay. The information presentation in the rest of the essay is acceptable but could have been more precise and analytical in presentation. Based on these observations, your essay would probably be scored wiring the 4-5 range, depending on other scoring considerations.

Home / Writing Feedback / The alteration of US Oregon's state inhabitants in three counties