Could alternative energy sources replace fossil-fuel energy?

IqbalThemi 44 / 46 13  
Alternative energy source that use natural power of the wind, waves, and sun are too expensive and complicated to replace the coal, oil and gas that we use to power our cities and transport.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

It is believed fossil fuels energy such as coal, oil and gas cannot be replaced by the usage of renewable energy in supplying energy for cities and transport. This is because the one is valued to save heavy process. As such, I personally agree with this motion since the renewable cannot produce as much as energy from non-renewable resources. Furthermore, due to unpredictable weather and large capital cost, some people deny hinging on alternative natural resources only.

First of all, natural resources of renewable are far hard to generate in large quantity of energy. According to an article reported that in 2011 some kind of alternative energy, which includes wind, waves and sun, just generate 1.6% of world energy supply. The article also released that this total cannot cover energy for basic needs of 7 billion cities' people around the world, whilst it has trillions of dollars of cars, trucks, airplanes, and construction machinery built to use the whole energy of coal, oil and gas. As a result, alternative natural energy sources provide considerably obstacles to displace non-renewable in producing energy to power individuals' activities.

Another problem is the refusal of societies to focus on new natural resources. Firstly, the system of it; wind, waves and sunshine energy, relies indeed upon the unpredictable weather for supply resources. If the weather does not produce a good climate condition, the alternative sources will be lack of capacity to make energy. Secondly, this requires large capital cost to build renewable plants and to maintain them. Without carrying this, the sources will not result enough energy for people's needs. And last but not least, this system involves wider land tracks. The reason is to meet up with the enormous quantities of electricity produced by fossil-fuel resources, their plants need to be set up. Undoubtedly, some critical issues of alternative energy bring much arduousness for persons to be enthusiastic energy consumers.

The aforementioned evidence reveals that lack of energy resulted from alternative natural resources and some troubles of it indicate there is profound doubtful to change fuel to renewable power. Therefore, I would argue that although people might need to leave their dependence on fossil-fuel resources in the future, it is not easy plan done in a short time.
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
I can help you with some of your writing. First, I would like to know the meaning behind this statement because it is unclear. "This is because the one is valued to save heavy process." There is a minor error, you just need to replace motion with "notion".

-This sentence needs to be rearranged. Is this what you were trying to state: First of all, renewable natural resources of renewable are far hard to generate large quantities of energy. I would check your source too. You can look at your source for the next sentence and quote it, but remember to cite or give credit to that source in your paper. The next sentences give credit to your source by citing where you found the information (i.e., book, internet, etc). Change considerably to considerable.

-Change supply to supplying. Please cite your source again in this paragraph. I would help you correct more, but I don't know what is your original writing and what information is from a source. If you use quotation marks around sentences, then I can assist you more with your writing. This is good information!

-The first sentence in the last paragraph seems to be confusing. Do you mean that it is unlikely that there will be a change from fuel to renewable power because of the troubles with alternative natural resources? Do you want to end the essay with, "this won't occur immediately". It seems as if there is no immediate solution.

Home / Writing Feedback / Could alternative energy sources replace fossil-fuel energy?