Ambition motivate people - without it life would be mechanical or meaningless

Jwala 3 / 8 3  
Some people have great ambitions in life, others don't. Do you think ambition is important to succeed in life? Is it a positive or a negative quality to have?

Discussion+Opinion question

It is true that ambition motivates you to make one's dream true. Although ambition has a dark side of it, I strongly think that ambition is needed for anyone who wanted to excel in their chosen field.

In many situations, ambition is highly regarded. First of all, ambition helps us in self realisation of our own strengths and how better we are in this world. It lays down the path to success in our personal, family and professional lives. An example is Steve Jobs who is ambitious and extra-ordinary visionary who made people to believe Apple products are better than long run rivals in the market. Secondly, it teaches us resilience to overcome the problems in this competitive world. For instance, Japan is the best example to the world which regained its economy after the atom bomb attacks and repeated earth quakes. Finally, being ambitious makes us adaptable and tolerant in a team and by adding more people to one's ambition makes everyone to move forward.

On the other hand, ambition is often associated with greed, intolerance and drive for power. In the movie Wall Street, the character Gordon gecko preaches Greed is good. There is no limit to how much money one can make and how much one can expand the business. Another wrong perspective of ambition is ruthlessness or merciless. It can block human emotions like friendship, respect for others or compassion. Finally, ambition is regarded as individual goal to achieve power, money or fame by paying any price to achieve it.

In conclusion, while ambition may be portrayed negatively by those who failed themselves, it is much needed for life otherwise it would be mechanical or meaningless.
OP Jwala 3 / 8 3  
EF_Team, I forgot to add IELTS to the subject but I cannot edit the topic now. Can you please add IELTS to it so that it can be picked up favorably by IELTS test takers?
tiaDS 73 / 235 52  
Finally,

you can use others listing points to show new ideas; Also, Moreover, Furthermore, etc.

Even though some references say that conclusion is restatement of introduction paragraph but it will be better if you give a suggestion or prediction of this case. overall, your writing is excellent.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ambition motivate people - without it life would be mechanical or meaningless