Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

"America is Great" - Need help fast on argumentation essay

lafayettejohn 3 / -  
I have an arumentation essay due tomorrow and I suck at writting so any help would be greatly appreciated.

America the Great

Americans should not push our beliefs on other people or countries. From the first time you are able to watch TV or go to school, people cannot shut up about how great America is. I agree as Americans we do many things well, but I do not think that we deserve the title the greatest nation ever. Let me bring up 9-11, after that fateful day you heard Americans from all over this nation asking how could someone do this, and yes I think the act in it self was horrible, but did you not think this should have happened sooner. America has been pushing our beliefs on other nations for years. America likes to make you think it is the greatest nation on earth and if you do not believe this, they will attack your country.

Iraq 2003, American and British forces attack in what the president and Prime Minister Respectably called an imminent threat to his neighbors, to the U.S.; and to the world community. "A regime that developed and used weapons of mass destruction that harbored and supported terrorists, committed outrageous human rights abuses, and defied the just demands of the United Nations and the world". (wiki) That makes America one big hypocrite because not only did we develop weapons of mass destruction but also we are the only country in the history of the world to use a nuclear bomb on another country. Iraq is not a democracy so would you not just think we are trying to turn them into one just like Vietnam.

February 1965 this is when America's involvement in Vietnam escalated from just training and financial aid to troops on the ground. Why did America get involved in the war? America did not want to see the spread of communism. If we could defeat the communist North Vietnamese, we could turn the whole country into a democracy. We failed with the withdrawal of American troops on May 15, 1975. Vietnam did not become a democratic country like we hoped, and now the whole country was communist. If this is such a bad thing why, 30 years later, do we not care that this is still a communist country. As Americans, we have to realize that our way of doing things are not always right we have to learn to respect other peoples or country beliefs that are different from our own.

Americans are granted as a constitutional right the Freedom of Religion. Nevertheless, how much freedom do we have when we are judged by our religion? Think about how it must have felt to be Muslim after the terrorist attacks of 9-11. Do you think they had the freedom of religion? Christianity is the major religion in the United States and in some parts of this country if you are not of the faith you are looked down on. We as Americans cannot even support our own fellow citizens' beliefs, how could we think that we would ever be able to let other countries believe what they want.

Democracy is that not what this country is trying to push on all the other countries in the world. People have the power is not that what a democracy is, so why is it that in America, supposedly the greatest democracy of all, are too many of our citizens afraid of their own government? The leaders of this nation have taken the power away from the people by bringing them down. I could only hope one day enough people could get inspired by a certain cause to stand up and show our government that we still do have the power.

Do not misunderstand me; I am not saying that America is the worst country. Nor am I saying that I am not proud to be an American. I am simply trying to say that we have many faults and I wish we would stop trying to act as if we are so perfect and push our beliefs on to other people or other countries.

There are many things that make America great and we do a lot of things better then most so we should hold the rest of the world to our standard. America is a much-diversified country. This is what makes us Americans and what has made America great. From our founding fathers to the words that are written on the statue of liberty, "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tosses, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door."('The New Colossus,' by Emma Lazarus). America accepts all people no matter what, and you can succeed in America regardless of your race or religion these things would hold you back in other countries but in America, we will embrace your differences.

In other countries around the world, you can be punished for thinking differently than the leaders believe in that country. People in this country have the same ability to succeed as anyone else if you have a good idea in America your race, color, religion, sex, or national origin will not be a factor in your ability to succeed.

In Many Middle Eastern countries, women are not granted the same rights as men and it becomes very hard for them to succeed. When America goes to war with other countries most of the time, it is to liberate the people there; places where human rights are being violated. Human Rights are rights that every human is born with no mater where you are born. Being born poor in Iraq, you still should be able to eat and to pursue an education. A woman born in Africa should still have the right to go to work. Americans believe in every person having these basic human rights and yes, we will go to war with other countries to ensure that their citizens get these rights.

We, as Americans, believe that Democracy is the best system of government so we will try change the world into one big democracy. What is wrong with letting citizens vote on whom they want to make the decisions? When there is only one group of people or one person in charge they tend to forget about many people so they lose many rights that under a democratic system they would enjoy.

Home / Writing Feedback / "America is Great" - Need help fast on argumentation essay