IELTS TASK 1: American Spending Patterns between 1966 and 1996

maritsanur 5 / 8 2  
American Spending Patterns between 1966 and 1996

The pie charts compare American spending patterns in 1966 and 1996, a period of 3 decades.

At glance, the significant change of American spending was on food and cars. While the spending of food saw a decrease, the car spending reported a dramatic increase.

During the periods, American spending on cars experienced a significant rise for about 22%. However, the most dramatic decline reported by food spending. Its decline reported roughly about 30%, from 44% in 1966 to 14% in 1996.

Due to the differences trend of the question period, American spend their money more for buy computer and eating out at some restaurants. Computer spending rose for about 9% from 1% to 10%, while restaurant spending rose twofold, from 7% to 14%. On the other hand, American spending on books showed a drop for about 5%. The other sectors such as furniture and petrol reported slight drop below 2%.

Overall, the differences of American spending was on an increase of cars, eating out and computers spending followed by a decrease of food, books, petrol and furniture spending among the periods.

Vns9x 102 / 236 16  
you do not have to write conclusion in this type of essay. Unless, if you do not meet the requirement of minimum word count.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1: American Spending Patterns between 1966 and 1996