Americas number one killing disease - research essay

nsfvball 1 / 1  
I would love for some feedback on the following...

1. 3 weakest areas
2. what needs improvement?
3. is the point stated?
4. needs more information ?
5. etc.. anything else that will help me achieve on this paper.
6.make sure a strong thesis
7.The first paragraph should set the stage, introducing your thesis and preparing the
readers for what's to come.
8.make sure a good conclusion

-this is a research paper that i wrote for my english 102 class i will be adding more information and making it stronger but i am waiting to see how it sounds so far and where i need special attention on.

THIS IS A DRAFT
OP nsfvball 1 / 1  
In 2008, just about 7.6 million people died of cancer (world health organization). As the years go on, the numbers keep rising and things may just continue to rise unless your education and Doctors are up to date and you're ready to fight it. Being a strong person has a great effect on this disease and well being. "One fifth of all cancers worldwide are caused by a chronic infection, for example human papillomavirus also known as (HPV) which causes cervical cancer and hepatitis B virus also known as (HBV) which causes liver cancer" (world health organization). Cancer is a disease where abnormal cells divide without control and are able to in fact invade other tissues in the body. It is greatly important that patients and family members get a good education on America's number one killing disease, cancer, to help people emotionally and Physically.

The hallmarks and pathways to cancer are the starting points to a whole new
Understanding to this powerful disease. Starting at the Cell Surface and an over view of cancer. There are signals that are conducted through the membrane from the

cells surface (pathways to cancer). The nucleuses of the cells are the main areas that are used to help with the signals and messenger proteins. Nutrients are important to the body as well as all the organs and cells within. Within a cell, it carries an entire set of genetic materials, and with in a cancer cell, there are mutations that will mess up the entire cell and the genetic set that is within the cell making things more complicated (Inside cancer). Cancer cells have to be able to become immortalized within the whole process of a cells life (Teacher center). There are many different starting points and building blocks that should be considered to look upon for everyone.

Causes and Prevention are two major points that people only want to hear and are the biggest and most important of them all. A healthy diet is a great way to help with prevention and keeping yourself in good condition. Smoking is a huge factor that plays a role in lung cancer. It is also America's number one killing type of cancer. ( inside cancer). Mold contains a byproduct that is a cancer causing agent in a few food products. (inside cancer). Inheritance is a way that not many will think is possible to get cancer but it is true. All types of cancer can be genetic. Viruses are another form, which can come from your genes or just a simple as a common cold. For example, HPV is connected to cervical cancer. Not a rare form anymore, is skin cancer. It is a huge form now a days and continues to grow (inside cancer).

Diagnosis and treatments are two very hard subjects to talk about but also will and can be rewarding in the end. Pathology, and the study of this disease have been associated with much medical development (inside cancer). With pharmacogenetics, two people are able to have a completely different reaction to the same drug and or treatment. It is now coming known that it is from people's genetics on how they are able to react among treatments or any type of drug (inside cancer). Targeting activators have worked for only a few types of cancers but it is effective. The point is to be able to target the proteins that are leading to the over activation of abnormal cell processes (inside cancer). Lastly, Blocking receptors are drugs that disrupt the function of receptors on a cell's surface (inside cancer).

In conclusion, America's number one killing disease is very important and very interesting. It is in fact important for all family not only the patients to know about this disease and see how it effects people emotionally and physically. Learning is never a negative thing and many should always be willing to learn new things. I hope that anyone who reads this paper can get a whole new aspect on this disease and learn that its not only patients or carriers who need to be informed. Writing this paper was a great experience and I owe it to someone I lost a few years back, my loving grandpa.
You need a strong and clear introduction-to-essay statement.
As the years go on, the numbers keep rising and things may just continue to rise unless your OUR education and Doctors are up to date and you're WE'RE ready to fight it.

The nucleuses nuclei?
Causes and Prevention are two major points that people only MAINLY want to hear and are the biggest and most important of them all.
Inheritance is a way that not many will think is possible to get cancer but it is true. SURPRISINGLY TO SOME, GENETICS PLAYS A ROLE...

It is a huge form GROWING MORE PREVALENT now a days and continues to grow (inside cancer).

My only advice would be to organize this presentation a bit and avoid repetition.
Good job and have fun in school :)
chalumeau /  
cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/detection/staging

apps.who.int/bookorders/anglais/detart1.jsp?sesslan=1&codlan=1&codcol= 76&codcch=26

mdanderson.org

dana-farber.org/

If I were writing a short research paper, I would pick a specific cancer and focus on it.
There's so many to choose from. Ultimately you want to narrow it even more.
Do you want to talk about prevention? diagnosis? treatment? clinical trials? fundraising?
Ultimately, you also want to come up with a thesis. Something that you think about cancer.
What do you think?

Home / Writing Feedback / Americas number one killing disease - research essay