TASK 1 - The amount of annual expenditure on books in Germany, France, Italy and Australia

Pey28 8 / 13 1  
The amount of annual expenditure on books in Germany, France, Italy and Australia is illustrates in the line chart. It is measured in a million US Dollars over a 10-years period from 1995 to 2015. It is noticeable that the rate of money spent on books increased in those countries. It also can be seen that Germany had more books over all frame times.

Germany and France spent the most money on books. They began at a large different amount of between 80 and around 55 in 1995. While the France expenditures increased steady over the following ten years, there was a slight decline in Germany during 1999 and 2003. However, the amount then rose to peak at roughly 96 in 2005.

The fluctuated trend also shown in Italy which start at similar level with France, It finished as the lowest in 2015. Compared with Italy, Austria had an increased figures. Began with lowest amount at 30, it saw a dramatic growth in 2001, then overtook Italy in 2003. Australia and Italy reached their peak at 61 and 52 Million US Dollars respectively.

ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
is illustrates

is illustrated (Remember Passive voice be+V3)

a 10-years

if you add article "a" it should be without S = a 10-year period, or if you do not put "a" = over 10 years

The fluctuated trend also shown in Italy which started

subject verb agreement problem

Compared with

compared to.. remember, do not always add "with" as the replacement of "dengan" because it is not the same.
common mistakes:

berbeda dengan = different with (incorrect), different from (correct)
sama dengan = same with (incorrect), same as (correct)

CMIIW (Correct Me if I am Wrong)
fariz10 13 / 18 2  
Pey, in my opinion, it would be better if you put conjunction between two sentences in the overview.

It is noticeable that the rate of money spent on books increased in those countries. On the other hand, It also can be seen that Germany ...

I thought overview is one of important thing in writing essay. So, you need conjunction to make your overview better.

Home / Writing Feedback / TASK 1 - The amount of annual expenditure on books in Germany, France, Italy and Australia