The amount of time people spent by the phone in the UK

oanhcute 1 / 1  
The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in billions) of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant.

phone calling statistics in britain

The bar chart compares three different types of UK telephone calls over a period of 7 years, measured in billions of minutes.
Overall, although the mobile calls were still the least popular in 2002, the gap between the three categories had extended considerably over the 7 - year period.

In 1995, mobile calls has the lowest using by the UK people, nearly 2,5 million minutes. In contrast, local-fixed line calls and national and international calls has the percentage of minute of about 72 million and 37 million, respectively. The period between 1995 and 2002 witnessed a slight increase in the proportion of minutes of local-fixed line calls, reaching 90 million in 1999.

The totals of national - international- fixed line calls relatively go up from 37 million minutes to 62 million minutes for local-fixed line fell sharply from their peak in 1999 to equalize with the figure of itself in 1995. However, the local - fixed line calls were the highest over the period shown.

Oanh, your essay lacks an overall sense of progression. The summary doesn't really provide the details of the day in a proper manner that would lend itself to the idea of a clear discussion outline. You should have properly indicated the years from the starting year first. The method of discussion is not cohesive and therefore, lacks a coherent presentation method. While you did present a year on year comparison, the discussion analysis of the comparison points shows that very little study and analysis was provided on your end to closely representing the information in your essay. While your essay responds to most of the prompt, you should try to use the analytical part to create more complex paragraphs that could translate to better score considerations for you. The analysis portion needs to be better developed because that is the best way to prove your English grammar, sentence development, and vocabulary skills.
OP oanhcute 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot for your correcting. Can you please tell me the highest possible score I could get for this essay?

Home / Writing Feedback / The amount of time people spent by the phone in the UK