The amount of waste that people in one European country disposed of in 3 different ways

dollia 1 / -  

Writing IELTS Task 1: Waste disposal in one European country (2005-2008)

The graph provides information about the amount of waste that people in one European country disposed of in 3 different ways such as landfill, burning and dumping at sea from 2005 to 2008.

It is clear that people in that country disposed of less waste during 3-year-period, as the graph illustrates a significant decrease in the amount of landfill rubbish.

The amount of garbage that is landfilled sharply decreased from 1800 million tonnes in 2005 to 600 million tonnes in 2008. On the other hand, burning waste slowly go up from500 million tonnes to 900 million tonnes in the same period.

While the landfill and burning methods had a different trend in the given period, the amount of rubbish that is dumped at sea experienced a stable trend between 2005 and 2008, at 600 million tonnes in 2005. The figure did not change much, remained at around 595 million tonnes after 3 years.

The graph

You did not complete the image identification. While this is a graph, it needs to refer to the specific type of graph as there are several types of graphs that can be referred to in a task 1 essay. In this instance, the complete image is known as a columnar graph, the other being a bar graph, and the last type, a line graph. Please familiarize yourself with the various image types due to its necessity in the accuracy consideration of your report.

Missing from your summary overview is the type of measurement used, which is in the million tonnes. Otherwise, you presented a well summarized presentation of the important parts of the image. The overall report is acceptable enough. It shows a quick run-down of the information and comparison, but could have used a little more analytical reference to help increase the C+C score. Good job though. The essay will not get a failing score.

Home / Writing Feedback / The amount of waste that people in one European country disposed of in 3 different ways