Analise the three of the following as media for communicating information

cldales /  
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which three you consider the most effective.
Comic
Books
Radio
Television
Film
Theater

It is easier to disseminate information nowadays than ever before. This is due to the fact that there are now a variety of ways in which information is being channeled. There are obvious benefits of these methods but there are considerable downsides as well. I will examine three of these media: books, film and television, as well as clearly select which of these is most effective.

First, the principal advantage of books is the reliability and authenticity of the information owing to the rigid drafting and corrections made on the contents before the materials are published. Furthermore, authors of books both fiction and non-fiction are widely educated in their various fields, making them qualified and trustworthy writers and story-tellers. The drawback, however, is that books tend to be bulky which is viewed by many as more of an inconvenience and thus, books become less appealing to people.

Second, film has had success in conveying information to the public. One of the reasons for this is that actors and actresses are followed by millions of followers. So, if these celebrities have new movie releases, people flock to the cinemas to watch. Additionally, movie theaters are becoming sophisticated that many people tend to go to movie theaters because of the comfort added to the experience. In contrary, movies are expensive and not all people can afford these. This limits the number of movie-goers and, therefore, the influence of celebrities is deemed confined.

Personally, the most effective medium to spread information is through the use of television. Although the contents of the adverts and shows can hardly be regulated which predisposes the young ones to pernicious contents, I tend to think that the drawback mentioned does not outweigh the benefits. For one, the television is relatively accessible since most of the people have television sets anywhere in the world. This widespread access creates a perfect avenue for people to learn the latest news locally and globally, as well as to be informed on a wide array of product options through commercials.

In conclusion, people now gets information effortlessly which was not possible in the past. This is due to the different media that information is communicated. All things considered, it is my belief that the effective means to broaden information access is through books, film and TV, and I contend that the latter is the most efficient of these.
- there is, is use when referring to a group of subject;
≥ This is due to the fact that there are is now a variety...
- to conclude an idea, disregard the thought that came with it and complete the sentence with your full conclusion;
≥ as more of an inconvenience and thus, books become less appealing to people.

Cldales, overall, the essay was written well. An improvement from the previous ones, I just have a few inputs that you might want to consider as I did above. make sure that you proof read it one last time before submission.

Cheers!!!
tangthidiepanh 2 / 3  
You should not give your personal idea and avoid using "personally, in my opinion, I think...."
OP cldales /  
Thanks for spotting these errors and for the positive comment on my essay. I hope I'll do well with the IELTS exam in the next three days. :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Analise the three of the following as media for communicating information