Analysis of Native American Archetypes

sammieee 1 / -  
** I can not think of a conclusion. And I dont just want to summarize the intro, I want to go deeper. And in this story, there is also another archetype, (I dont know how to word it or what thematic archetype this it) one man, driven by sexual desire, advances toward the goddess but is killed because he was being a fool and didnt believe it when the other guy told him the woman was sacred. I have a feeling this represents something, but I dont know what** -- Any advice would be helpful

An innumerous amount of Native American literature is strongly rooted in symbolic archetypes. An archetype is a recurring universally understood pattern, unconsciously identified by the human mind. Archetypes are especially vital to Native American culture because they aid in construing moral lessons and practical knowledge of the natural world. The myth of the White Buffalo is a story especially rich in the archetypal Mother Nature, reverse of fortune, and.

In this story, White Buffalo Woman represents an Earth Mother archetype, teaching the tribe the importance of becoming one with nature. She is associated with life giving, nourishment, and creation. The Earth Goddess brings the Itazipcho band an important fetish object, a sacred pipe and the ritual that goes along with it. The pipe represents the relationship between humanity and the spirit world. Without this pipe, there could be no Native Americans. Before the item was received, the tribe knew nothing. But with this now in their possession, the White Buffalo Woman brings them to the right state of mind and shows them how to live off the land and survive. She states that if the tribe will "treat this pipe and earth with respect," they will increase and become fortunate, bringing them out of their time of famine.

The Native Americans' myths are not only just oral stories passed from generation to the next, the traditional stories explain fundamental elements of nature and our purpose in it.
The myth of the White Buffalo is a story especially rich in the archetypal Mother Nature, reverse of fortune,and.

... you have not completed this sentence?

In this story, White Buffalo Woman represents an Earth Mother archetype, teaching the tribe the importance of becoming one with nature.

The White Buffalo Woman represents an archetype of the mother of Earth who teaches its tribe the importance of respecting the nature and being a part of it.

The Native Americans' myths are not only justoral stories passed from generation to the nextgeneration , the traditional stories explain fundamental elements of nature and our purpose in it.

The native American myths are much more than just legendary stories or folk tales that pass down from one generation to another. They have a greater depth that discusses about fundamental elements of nature and our purpose in it.

Home / Writing Feedback / Analysis of Native American Archetypes