GRE Analytical: 'fields of study'; everybody has the right to decide for himself

sistan 2 / 3 1  
Full title: Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

One of the most important things which affect human life is his/her decisions. Many decisions at the time of one's youth could affect his/her entire life, and of the most substantial part of one's youth period is the study period; therefore educational institutions could interfere student's decision making by discouraging them of what might not be suitable for him/her, or it is a human's right to choose freely without any pressure?

Everybody has the right to decide for himself/herself, and this is one of most fundamental concepts of human life; therefore, daunting students of something, just because somebody or even government doesn't prefer it would be assumed as ignoring human rights. Every student, no matter where or when, should be free to choice and encouraged to think before choosing; for example, when I was in high school - in the first year, when we were supposed to choose our major between health sciences, mathematical sciences, and human sciences; many teachers tried to discourage people of choosing either one or two of these majors. Personally, I did not prefer their approach, since they were thinking that we are unable to think and decide correctly, and ignoring our right to decide!

Although human has the right to choose, it is acceptable to help one in making decision; this help could be only favourable if it is done just by providing more information on the matter. In my opinion, this also applies to schools, meaning that educational institutions should only provide enough information for students to increase their chance of making correct decision, and the evaluation method for correct decision is just based on decider's opinion who made it before, and it can only be evaluated after a while.

In conclusion, one should be free to choose and make his/her decision based on the information and facts that he/she has at that particular time, and - in my opinion - nobody else has the right to encourage or discourage the decision maker of his action and thought. Educational institutions, as an advisor, can only help students and their decision making by providing clear and useful information to them.

Thanks a lot!
fahadbd 25 / 56 5  
One of the most important thing ofwhich affect human life is to make his/her decisions . Many decisions atduring the time of one's youth could affect his/her entire life,
septem1821 3 / 24 7  
Introduction: Education can be contemplated as the process of learning new information and skills theoretically or practically. There is a belief that academic institutions have the right to discontinue the curricular programme for incapable students. Here are some of my views.

Body:
Institutions should check for the real cause of their less performance--teaching methods or personality problems
teaching methods-a) while teaching, consider the level of all students but not only brilliant
b) engage dull students in discussions with their co-students who are good at problem solving tasks -can get a chance to broaden their knowledge
c) create a sense of competitive spirit in such students by motivational programs
personality problems- a) eliminate their fear and inferiority complex by continuous exposure to seminars or debates, even if they do not perform well
b) if they are not developing interest, try to stimulate them by giving rewards
c) give awareness about the consequences of illiterate people in this modern world.
d) if they are not capable to memorize the things, try to implement web-based teaching facilities to make them more comfortable

Conclusion: To summarize, I can say that school management have the responsibility in taking care of all the students regardless of their capabilities because they are considered as the foundation for a good society. Teachers can easily shape student' thinking process and make them more productive because students treat them as their role models.

sorry, if it doesn't help you.
gmad06 20 / 151 55  
One of the most important things which affect human life is his/her decisions

This does not relate much to your topic. Your topic is about the responsibility of educational institutions to choose which profession or course is better for their students.

It is also good to talk about how a student can benefit from having their schools choose their profession for them.

hope this helps...
OP sistan 2 / 3 1  
Appreciate it, These comments are quite helpful! :)
one's youth period is the study period

.... youth refers to the period

and of the most substantial part of one's youth period is the study period

... and of the most important part of one's youth is his or her studies.

therefore educational institutions could interfere student's decision making by discouraging them of what might not be suitable for him/her, or it is a human's right to choose freely without any pressure?

... this sentence needs improvement as to discuss the importance of this issue. discuss its complexity !
Also, it is always good to place your thesis as the final sentence of your introduction. I don't find it here.

Home / Writing Feedback / GRE Analytical: 'fields of study'; everybody has the right to decide for himself