I analyzed the lyric "Temptation Waits" by Garbage

ghgyfkd1 1 / 1  
The lyric, "Temptation Waits" by Garbage is sang by a female singer. This song is about a woman

who is struggling with her unhealthy relationship. The woman is dangerously in love with the guy

who does not yet seem to realize how evil she is. She expresses herself as evil creatures. For

example, she refers herself as "a demon" (II.1) and "a vampire" (I.4) which illustrates her evil

nature. Furthermore, she demonstrates her addicted love as she says "You come on like a drug"

(I.6). The drug in the line symbolizes addiction which illustrates that the speaker has an obsessive

personality. It reminds me of my dad; he tries to stop smoking but fails every time, because he is

addicted like the woman in the lyric. There is a refrain in each stanza. Also, there are figurative

languages such as metaphors and simile. For example, lines like "I am a wolf... I am a bonfire...

[and] I am a vampire" (I.2-4) are metaphor and lines like" I'm like an addict... [and] you come no

like a drug (I.6-8) are simile. Moreover, the title symbolizes her emotional status; she is addicted

of someone. The song, "Temptation Waits" expresses the speaker's emotion and her desire.

I need some feedbacks... Thank you
The lyrics of "Temptation Waits" by Garbage are sung by a female singer vocalist.

Use a comma before a quotation:
Furthermore, she demonstrates her addicted love as she says, "You come...

The drug in this line symbolizes addiction, which illustrates that the speaker has an obsessive...

Nice ending!!

Here is one more correction:
For example, lines like "I am a wolf... I am a bonfire... [and] I am a vampire" (I.2-4) are metaphors, and lines like, "I'm like an addict... [and] you come no like a drug" (I.6-8), are similes.
OP ghgyfkd1 1 / 1  
Thank you very much!~ :)

Home / Writing Feedback / I analyzed the lyric "Temptation Waits" by Garbage