Angela Lee Duckworth: financially settled in the age of 27, but still yet in pursue of her passion

Fitri12 28 / 53 6  
TED Summary: Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Lee Duckworth

Being financially settled in the age of 27, in fact did not fulfill the personal desire of Angela Lee Duckworth to pursue her passion. She then decided to become a teacher, a path that led her to be a psychologist, eventually.

Angela and her team focused on researching in four challenging settings in order to find out who will successfully struggled and survived and why. The settings took place in a military academy to predict which cadet will be selected to the military training; a national Spelling Bee to see how many kids will go further in competition, to survey working teachers to find out who will be able to endure until the end of the school year and improve the ability of the students; a private company, to forecast the performance of sales people in earning money.

The outcome of her research is astonishingly since it has revealed the indicators of success. It is said that, it does not take social intelligent, good looking, physical health, and even an IQ to be a success person. It is "Grit" that matters. Grit is passion and perseverance for very long term goal, a willing to fail, to be wrong, to start over again, to conquer obstacles, and to live life to the full.
madmoiselle 21 / 32 5  
Being financially settled in the age of 27, in fact Angela Lee Duckworth did not fulfill theher personal desire of Angela Lee Duckworth to pursue her passion.

for a very long term goal
RAY93 35 / 186 136  
... desire of Angela Lee Duckworth so that she decided to pursue her passion.

She then decided to become a teacher,

she becomes/has become a teacher...

who will successfully struggled and survived and why.

... selected to the military training; in a national Spelling Bee (...) in competition; in a school to survey working teachers (...) ability of the students; and in a private company, to forecast ...

The outcome of her research is astonishingly since it has revealed ...
It is said that, it does not takeneed/ it does not about social intelligentintelligence , good looking, physical health, and even anhigh IQ to be a success person.

Home / Writing Feedback / Angela Lee Duckworth: financially settled in the age of 27, but still yet in pursue of her passion