Ielts writing task 2 animal exploitation

Sweetinside 1 / -  
IELTS task 2 :

In the modern world it is no longer necessary to use animals for food, clothing or medicine.

To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your own experience.

Animal exploitation to meet humans's needs such as food, clothing and medicine is unnecessary. While I agree that the killing of animals may bring some drawbacks to people,I believe that animals play a vital role in inventing new medicine.

One the one hand, I disagree with the opinion because animals such as white mice and rabbits may serve medical purposes. For example, in Russia, toxicity tests of newly - invented vaccine for the Corona virus was taken on white mice to observe the effects of this drug. As a result, the medical practitioners have managed to make a breakthrough and save nearly 20 million patients who are positive to this deadly disease and are on the verge of death. In this way, both the doctors and the patients may benefit from animals used to do the experiments.

On the other hand, I believe that animal cruelty may bring some consequences to human-beings, hence, I agree with the opinion for two reasons. The first worth-mentioning reason is that some results of animal tests would do more harm than good to the patients. To be more specific, animals' bodies are not similar to those of humans thus some side-effects which can not be found on animals' bodies may impair patients' health. Secondly, a plethora of illnesses such as obesity, cancer and heart diseases often accompany over consumption of meat which is presumably believed to be the only ingredient containing protein. For this reason, the authorities have been calling people for changing their diet and cutting down on meat because there are some substitutes for meat namely tofu and mushrooms which are rich in protein. For all reasons aforementioned, it is not necessary to use animals to produce food, clothing and drugs.

All existing data provides a concrete foundation that even though experiments with animals are beneficial for the doctors and the patients, animal exploitation also results in adverse effect on public health thus I partially agree with the opinion.
MariaP24 1 / 3  
In my opinion the wording of the answer is well executed, but you shouldn't be biased, because in the question you are clearly asked to choose only one point of view, so you should lean yen where you have stronger arguments, and in my opinion ( it's agreeing), so focus your answer on this side of the scale. I hope my answer helps you, have a good day !!!
This is the perfect example of a non-response essay. As the extent essay is scored on your ability to create a single opinion based on the strength of your supporting opinions, saying that you agree but disagree indicates a lack of clarity when it comes to presenting an opinion. The examiner will see that you are incapable of creating a singular opinion based on a clear line of reasoning and score your essay simply, not having a clear opinion. An extent essay tests how well you know the topic. What strong reasons do you have for supporting a particular point of view? How does that knowledge of personal and public data help you to clearly explain your ideas that support a particular point of view? Comparative essays cannot be used for extent essays. Comparative essays are only presented in comparative + personal essay questions, not in extent essays. Th essay that you wrote suffers from a lack of clear and supportive opinion for a singular point of view. Again, you cannot say you support both sides because that means you are not capable of formulating an opinion that can be clearly supported in your discussion.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts writing task 2 animal exploitation