essay/ IELTS Animal testing is the only way to guarantee the safety of new products?

sunshinebank 1 / 1  
Hi, beautifuls and handsomes, could u guys help me to correct my work? That will be so much appreciated:)

Some people think that scientists experimenting with animals in a laboratory is the only way we can guarantee new products will be safe for human use.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Animal testing in medicine has been carried out since a really long time. Scientists use animals to examine whether new products are safe for human to use. We cannot deny that the experimenting with animals is effective and evident-based to examine the new products' safety. From my point of view, I do not think there is an alternative method to instead of animal testing, in the future maybe, but not this moment.

First of all, mammals have the same body anatomy with human being's, which could present almost the same reaction after they have been given the new treatment. Drugs, for example, require bloods flow, multi-organs cooperation and metabolism to show their reactions. Neither computer nor high-tech robot can represent this complex reaction. Only living creatures can prove the implications of drugs and procedures as mankind. Secondly, the national ethic standards are well regulated with all the laboratory's experimenting with animals. Animals which under take a test are less pain and suffer. Specialists use analgesia to put the animals under sedation to be pain free.

However, when we speak about animal testing cons, there still are plenty of emotional and ethical issues staring in our faces. The first and foremost con is the hurt and death the animal must be going through. Animals cannot talk, so how can we determine whether or not and the level of pain the poor creatures are going through?

To sum up, animals should be treated with respect. Animals make a significant contribution to humans. Every coin has two sides, so does animal experimentation. But I think animal trials helps a lot, especially in minimize the chances of human death during clinical practice, its pros over its cons.
But I think animal trials helps help a lot, especially in minimizing the chances of human death during clinical practice. its pros over its cons.

Okay, but what about testing cosmetic products, hair care, make up, etc? And what about other products that are not very important?

Do you have any questions about the corrections I made or the corrections made by Tanya?
OP sunshinebank 1 / 1  
EF_Kevin
^-^ Thanks Kev, by the way, u r a hotty ^_-

"Specialists use analgesic drugs to put the animals under sedation to be pain free.--- I don't know if this is always true."

no, i don't think it's 100% true, but to some level, analgesia does a good work on pain relief during the test, and it's unfair for animals to suffer.

"And what about other products that are not very important?"
About the beatuy product, was it made by animals? I really have no idea on testing the cosmetic products. I will google this.

Yeah, so I was saying you have to watch out because you are trying to make a strong argument. If you are trying to make a strong argument and you say something that is not necessarily true, the people watching the argument will have less confidence in you and your opponent will be able to spike the volleyball on you. :-)

And also, that other thing about less important uses, like cosmetic products... that is a common part of this debate over animal testing, so your paper is incomplete without it.

BTW I really doubt that a lot of money gets spent on anesthesia, because how would such regulations be enforced? People are always trying to cut costs. They don't anesthetize animals at the slaughterhouse, and they probably don't sufficiently anesthetize them for animal testing. Paralyzing them to make the work easier is not the same as anesthetizing them. So... this is an interesting subject! Important, too. I don't want to reincarnate as a cat and have people putting shampoo in my eyes!

Home / Writing Feedback / essay/ IELTS Animal testing is the only way to guarantee the safety of new products?