IELTS: do animals have the same rights as humans?

Prisarthur 1 / -  
A growing number of people feel that animals should not be exploited by people and that they should have the same rights as humans, while others argue that humans must employ animals to satisfy their various needs, including uses for food and research.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

There are two sides of opinion to the animal-rights. Some people think that human should not mistreat animasl; while other people against that idea and think it's necessary for human to take benefit from them to satisfy our needs.

With many people speak for animals' right to live a peaceful life, there are still people think exploiting animal is not a moral question. First of all, to kill animal for food's sake is perfectly natural behavior. We need these animals to supply food like meat, which offers many vitamins and other nutrients only available from animal product. Secondly, using animals for medicine research is quite important in modern society. Animals help human to test new medicine for creating remedy for disease like AIDS or other diseases which are still have no cure.

Despite of all these benefits we can earn from animal, people who stand for animal right still don't agree. To begin with, it's cruel and inhuman to slaughter animals just for food or clothes: there are already loads of replacement for clothe making and human can have balanced diet through vegetables and fruits, so it's unnecessary to eat animals. Furthermore, animals suffer enormous pain from research and eventually die. It's not fair for them to sacrifice their own lives for human's health problem.

Personally, I think it's natural for us to use animals to enhance our living quality. It makes animal suffer, but they do suffer from frighten and starvation all the time while they are out of wildness. Keeping animal for food actually saves them from starving and predators. To conclude, I think it's extremely important to respect life while using animals for any reason. For respecting is the only way to avoid us take them for granted.
nitex 1 / 14 4  
IMO animals should have the same rights as human is an unrealistic ideal. We can see this as a part of the food chain where humans are at the top. Thus we feed on animals, something like "survival of the fittest".

Feeding on animals can be traced back to long ago, when humans first started to kill animals simply for survival. This is something that cannot be change overnight as killing animals for food has already part of our culture, our everyday lives. For example, eating turkey during Christmas.

How are those people going to convince that we should not kill turkey ?

Rather than having this unrealistic ideal, what we can do is to classify animals, by our culture. Generally, we don't feed on dogs, cats and pet fish as they are part of our daily lives, our pets. On the other hand, animals such as fish, chicken, pork, beef, lamb, all these will continue to be our food as it has always been. Because there are market and consumers for these food.

Government on the other hand, should also work closely with scientist and researchers to prevent misuse of animals and unnecessary waste of animal's lives.

The above are my views and thoughts, do give me a thumbs up as sign of support if you like it.
Cheers!
fikri 5 / 317 71  

this is the question, let's see your answer,,

Some people think that human should not mistreat animasl; while other people against that idea and think it's necessary for human to take benefit from them to satisfy our needs.

the question ask your opinion, not the other people opinion, this is common mistake that is often made by some IELTS students
Some people think that human should not mistreat animasl;animals.

I feel it is good if you expressed your own view there before concluding the introduction. It does not matter that you are going to discuss both in your essay. I think that helps you organize your essay flow better and also convince your points to defend your opinion better.

Despite of all these benefits we can earn from animals , people who stand for animal rights still don't agree.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  

Well, you write well. However, I didn't see you have shown a strong thesis statement for this essay.
I am with Dumi. It is always good to end your intro by expressing your view. This helps examiner understand what you are going to talk.

Personally,

this is not a good concluding signal. You'd better use: In conclusion,
Sharma_63 - / 3 1  
The question has asked you to discuss on both the sides. And it seems that you have only included that Humans should take full advantages of Animals.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: do animals have the same rights as humans?