IELTS TASK2 essay: Should animals be treated equally as human because they have the rights?

nana77 2 / 2  
A growing number of people feel that animals should not be exploited by people and that they should have the same rights as humans, while others argue that humans must employ animals.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Some people hold that animals should be protected because they have the same rights as human beings, while others claim it is necessary to utilise with animals for humans as means for development of society. This paper examines both sides of argument and draws the conclusion that it is significant to ban harming animals and treat them equally as human beings.

Looking first at the argument that animals have to be protected and they own the rights which are the same value as humans. This has been exemplified by the fact that a guide dog is essential part of human society and this kind of animal plays a vital role for blind people, yet some people assert that most disabled people can be supported by the machines instead of animals.

Turning to the counter argument, it is frequently claimed that it is inevitable to treat animals as the experimental objects to examine or conduct research for human beings. This argument is largely based on the fact that the animal experiment has been implemented across the globe so that human society will develop, including medical and food industries. A case in point is the animal experiment is indispensable process to demonstrate the safety for humans, contributing the development for society. However, most experiments can be conducted with alternative methods such as using computer simulation or cultured human cells, according to Japan anti-vivisection association.

In conclusion, the animals can be exploited by certain extent as a contribution to human society. However, it is possible to conduct alternative means to develop society instead of using animals and the importance of protecting animal rights clearly do exists.
MaximKlopunov99 13 / 22 4  
Dear nana77, I really liked your essay and I think you will ace your IELTS examination.
You've respected 4 assessment criteria: task achievement, coherence, lexical resource and grammatical accuracy.
In my opinion, there is nothing to correct. If I were you I'd have considered the problem of treating domestic and wild animals.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK2 essay: Should animals be treated equally as human because they have the rights?