Anthony Goldbloom's new perspective on what machines can and can't do

Iedha01 21 / 40  
TED SUMMARY: The Jobs We'll Lose to Machines And The Ones WE Won't

Anthony Goldbloom works in Kaggle, a company which operates on the cutting edge of machine learning and it brings together hundreds of thousands of experts to solve important problems for industry and academia. This gives them, especially for him a new perspective on what machines can and can't do, then finds out what jobs they might automate or threaten. He started to reveal that machine learning isn't just for simple tasks like assessing credit risk and sorting mail anymore, as like in early 90s. Today, it's capable of far more complex applications, like grading high-school essays, and the most challenging task is to diagnose diseases, such as diabetic retinopathy.

The data has clearly shown that machines are going to give better work performance at all the tasks like these. A teacher might read 10.000 essays over a 40 years career, an Ophthalmologist see 50.000 eyes for a whole life, while a machine can read million of essays and see million of eyes only within minutes. Anthony convinced the audiences that we have no change to competing against machines, however there are things that a machine can't do. One of them is tackling a novel situations. It doesn't capable to handle thing they haven't seen many times before. Finally, he stated that whatever we decide to do, let everyday bring a plenty of challenges, if they do, then we will stay ahead of the machines.
fauziyahtami 22 / 38 6  
Hi Ledha, you have done great
I will try to give you some suggest

... of machine learning and it brings together hundreds of thousands of experts to solve important problems for ... (you can change the position it brings hundreds of thousands of experts together to solves important problems for ...

... 10.000 essays over a 40 years (you do not have to add a ) career, an Ophthalmologist s...
... against machines, however (you have to add (,) ) there are things that a machine can't do. One of them is tackling a novel situations (it's singular when you use a and plural for situations . It doesn't (isn't ) capable to handle (you can change capable of handling ) thing they haven't seen ...

good luck :)
PHA2016 39 / 62 4  
Hello Iedha01,

This these gives them, (...) machines can and can't cannot do, then finds ...

... that machine learning isn't was not just for simple tasks ...

Today, it's it is capable of far more complex ...

... over a 40 years career, that an Ophthalmologist see ...

Anthony convinced to the audiences that we have (...) that a machine can't cannot do

It doesn't does not (...) thing they haven't have not seen in many times before.

hope these help
RAY93 35 / 186 136  
a company which operates on the cutting edge of machine learning ...

you may more effectively write :......a company which operates the cutting edge learning machine and .......

This gives them, especially for him as an expert on that company , a new perspective on what machines can and can't do, then finds[this verb should be refer to subject 'them'] out what jobs they ...

He started to reveal that machine learning = learning machine isn't just for simple tasks (...) sorting mail anymore, as like in early 90s.

Today, it'sit is[avoid contraction in writing] capable of far more complex applications, like grading high-school essays, andwhile the most challenging ...

The data hashave clearly shown that (...) performance at all the tasks like these.programmed

... we have no change to competingE against machines, however there are

overall, you have shown good progress in writing. good luck

Home / Writing Feedback / Anthony Goldbloom's new perspective on what machines can and can't do