(Antonio Salazar) "a person who's influence was significant for the history"

ath 1 / 1  
J. Kennedy and M.L. King have made a lot for democracy, think about other person who's influence was significant for the history.

The role of a person in the history of the state is always difficult to evaluate. The means and ends of one's acts can be controversial, and seldom called just good or bad.

One of the world leaders who's impact was no doubt significant is a Portuguese leader Antonio Salazar. He was minister of finance, minister of foreign affairs and eventually prime minister of Portugal. He had being the leader of the country for 40 years and during this time the regime he mounted was characterized as a dictatorship. There was a secret police to fight with rebellions and many people were killed without judgment.

On the other hand, even in the first year after he took the chair of finance minister the debt of the country was reduced and never financial problems were acknowledged there. While living in fear of the secret police, the people of Portugal felt safe from foreign threat. Portugal was one of the few European countries which did not take part in the World War II and even got wealthier during those years.

He did not consider democracy as a good political regime for his country and what he wanted to see was dictatorship of professors. He was a lecturer in the University of Coimbra himself but sacrificed the career of scholar for the sake of his country. Salazar supported schools and universities greatly, while he was indifferent to arts and the country did not give any great examples of art during his dictatorship.

Salazar's regime was fought and displaced by democratic regime some years after his death, during a revolution. He was confounded and his name was taken away from some monuments named after him. The revolution took place in 1970th.

Nevertheless, he was called the greatest Portuguese person in history by the people of Portugal in 2007, leaving behind Vasco de Gama, Camoes and others. All in all it shows that the role of a person in history shall not be simplified but naming it good or bad. But the importance of a person in history can be evaluated.
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
J. Kennedy and M.L. King have made a lot of progress for democracy, think about other personamong many people who's influence was significant for theAmerican history.

The means and endsresult of one's actions can be controversial, and seldom called just good or bad.

One of the world leaders who made a significant impact was no doubtsignificant is a Portuguese leader Antonio Salazar.

He had been the leader of the country for 40 years and during this time the regime he mountedbuilt was characterizedknown as a dictatorship.

Salazar greatly supported schools and universities greatly , whilealthough he was indifferent to arts and the country did not give any great examples of artemphasize art during his dictatorship.

Home / Writing Feedback / (Antonio Salazar) "a person who's influence was significant for the history"