"Anyone who watched her films" - my essay about Marilyn Monroe

O_Riley 1 / 1  
If I had a chance to meet anybody, alive or dead, and talk for an hour, I would probably go with Marilyn Monroe.
I wasn't even born when she died, and I never really started to look at her photos until quite recent years. Marilyn was simply so very beautiful in my humble opinion. I would use word 'beautiful' because she is an icon, not just because of her tabloid beauty, but because her humanity shines through. The way she sang, acted or laughed had this enchanting and magical effect on people. And I'm not the exception.

I would love to have a small talk with Marilyn. I would ask her about childhood, parents and what it is like to live in Old Hollywood. Maybe I would tell her a little bit about Modern Hollywood, but not too much because it might terrify her. I'm not keen on knowing some exclusive details about her life; I just want to chat with her. To look in her childish eyes, and to know that she is definitely in a better world now.

Anyone who has watched her films, with any sense of awareness of talent, will see how her performances were adorned by her with exquisite skill and talent. She made her on screen persona look so simple and natural, yet she outshone every other actor that ever appeared with her. Monroe was wonderfully talented and her star will never fade.

***
Some grammar mistakes, maybe I got fixed phrases wrong.
Thank you in advance!
Scientiana 12 / 43 10  
Here is my feedback:

If I had a chance to meet anybody, alive or dead, and talk for an hour, I would probably go withlike to meet Marilyn Monroe.

I'm not keen on knowing some exclusive details about her life; I just want to chat with her, to look in her childish eyes, and to know that she is definitely in a better world now.
extrafresh 13 / 32  
Please see my part:

If I had a chance to meet anybody, wether alive or deadnot ,

I havenever not really started to look at her photos until quite recent years

To look in her childishinnocent eyes,

Marilyn wasis simply so very beautiful in my humble opinion
OP O_Riley 1 / 1  
Thank you so much for helping me!
Let me try to clarify this sentence a little:
...look at her photos until quite recent years. ---Oh, actually... I was going to change it, but it is not incorrect!! It is okay the way it is.

But still, it can be better.
...look at her photos until recent years.--I guess ti is awkward with the word "quite."

Do not capitalize modern here:
Maybe I would tell her a little bit about Modern modern Hollywood, but not too much because it might terrify her.----ha ha, very clever.

This sentence needs a verb that is not part of the phrase that comes after "to"---> To look in her childish eyes and to know that she is definitely in a better world now will be gratifying to me.

Great job!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / "Anyone who watched her films" - my essay about Marilyn Monroe