Applying a strict tax level on fast foods?

qtrtif 1 / -  

should the government impose a high tax on fast food?

It is true that the number of victims of diseases related to fast-food is growing considerably every year. Some people suggest that a heavy tax should be imposed on fast-food, which is a good idea, in my opinion.

Junk food obviously has multiple adverse effects on people's health, especially weight. The high contents of fat and carbohydrate in fast food are the main cause of obesity. Fried chicken and deep-fried potatoes, which are made with a thick coat of bread-crumb soaked in repeatedly-used oil, can be taken as a good example. Its popularity affects everyone's daily diet and adds an excessive amount of calories to their bodies. Obesity and other diseases not only diminish their lifespan but also hinder their working ability. Thus, a strict measure should be taken on a national or even international scale to prevent further consequences.

Applying a high tax is surely a good point because the primary reason for enormous fast-food consumption is its low price. With the addition of tax, it is no longer a cheap and available choice. People will instead opt for purchasing fresh ingredients to make better-valued and healthy meals. Moreover, we could ensure the reduction in the number of junk-food suppliers because if there is a higher tax, the business will seem less lucrative. This also means fewer people can have access to fast-food and related illnesses.

In conclusion, an urgent rate of diseases associated with the use of junk food should be well-aware and tacked. Applying a strict tax level is an effective measure in this case.
Unfortunately, your paraphrasing is incorrect. It is not based on the original information provided for the discussion. The topic was about the idea that some people regarding unhealthy foods. Their thoughts indicate a belief that the government should tax fast food so that people will be encouraged to eat healthier foods. Your restatement claims that the original prompt was asking you a true or false question regarding the illnesses causes by fast food. That is the first error in your rephrased presentation. The second error, is the lack of the measured response or degree of your agreement or disagreement with the given discussion. So your TA score will reflect that your total understanding of the given discussion is incorrect. Why? Due to the wrong topic for discussion and response to the question provided. These errors will be enough to actually make you fail the test already.

Your first reasoning paragraph is incorrect. You are not being asked to discuss the health complications of junk food. So you are discussing an unrelated topic. You should only be focused on the tax question and the defense of that opinion based on 2 justifications. In this case, your first reasoning paragraph will not be considered. The word count you used for the non related paragraph will be deducted from the 250 minimum count.

Your concluding paraphrase also failed to provide the summarized discussion wrap up that you were expected to provide. Your presentation in that section does not follow the original prompt discussion either. Based on the incorrect discussion presentation, you cannot expect to get a passing score with this essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Applying a strict tax level on fast foods?