IELTS TASK 2: General Approaching versus Vocational Systems in Secondary Education

Windachan 13 / 18 5  
In some countries, secondary schools aim to provide a general education across a wide range of subjects. While in others, children focus on a narrow range of subjects related to particular careers. Which education system according to your opinion is more appropriate for today's world?

As the world is changing, countries increasingly encourage young people to remain in compulsory education year such as primary and secondary school as a possible way to face a global competition. In some places, secondary school aims and purposes are providing a general education hanging around in wide range. One argument is that secondary school should make children just focusing on a narrow range of subjects in accordance to specific careers. Therefore, I personally believe that vocational education and training system should be paid more attention as the strongest ones for economic and capacity building rather than general education approaching.

Basically, general approaching in secondary education might have strong argument as well as improving human being in various skills. Finnish advocate for generalist education showed general approaching is beneficial for students who leave an individual skill able to adapt or change than one with very specific skills. As it can be seen, this is particularly goal given rapid technological change, where will give a very advanced understanding of current equipment in many areas.

In addition, secondary school in general method drives students to get higher education. Take Indonesian students as example, more than a half of high school-leavers continue their study to university, whereas more vocational education-leavers tend to get a job first. It means that general students are more likely to get professional grades by university that is useful for reaching better job.

However, vocational and training system is advantageous in human perspective related to economic and capacity building. Firstly, the vocational qualification has been designed to respond for labour market needs. The qualification include 120 credits in three years of full time study, where consists of on-the-job-learning at least 20 credits, and 30 credits for working life or other learning environments, and other credits for implementation Narrow Based Program and Bridging Program. Secondly, vocational schools help students who come from poverty economic to get fast-study of improving skills in work force. A statistic showed in Hungary, 54 % of pupils in vocational schools came from bottom socioeconomic, and in South Korea the figure is 52%. Thirdly, vocational school provides higher productivity skills for graduate school. Finland as the best education systems in the world has 119 study programmes leading to 53 different vocational qualifications confirmed by Ministry of Education. It is possible way to provide nation professional labour which changed from human-load to national assets.

The aforementioned evidence shows that although general education gives flexible skills appropriate in recent technology development, vocational approaching can provide an excellent graduation in professional skill that support economic development and capacity building. Where possible, this trend might change and disappear over the decade, the curriculum education system should be adjusted with citizens need.
Liliy 12 / 13 6  
Hi windachan ..

As the world is changing, countries increasingly encourage young people to remain in compulsory education year such as primary and secondary school as a possible way to face a global competition. In some places, secondary school aims and purposes are providing a general education hanging around in wide range. One argument is that secondary school should make children just focusing on a narrow range of subjects in accordance to specific careers.Could you produce it to simple sentence ? Therefore, I personally believe that vocational education and training system should be paid more attention as the strongest ones for economic and capacity building rather than general education approaching.

actually point to point and flow sentence of your introduction here is too wordiness, there will be better if you try to straight to the point.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: General Approaching versus Vocational Systems in Secondary Education