Task2: It is argued that because of globalisation we will lose our cultural identity

Osama0435 5 / 9 4  

globalisation = loss of cultural identity?

As mass communication and transport continue to grow, societies are becoming more and more alike leading to a phenomenon known as globalization. Some people fear that globalization will inevitably lead to a total loss of cultural identity.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Because of the massive growth of global transportation and connection to each other, globalization is playing a more and more vital role in this day and age. Therefore, it is argued that we will lose our cultural identity unavoidably. I completely disagree with the opinion.

First of all, I believe that globalization contributes to cultural integration rather than the disappearance of cultural identity. It allows people to experience various cultures worldwide and provides a multicultural environment to integrate different cultures. For instance, people all over the world are fond of Japanese traditional cuisine, Sushi. An increasing number of restaurants are attempting to create a combined dish with both Eastern and Western recipes. Therefore, instead of forgetting the local food culture, people could think outside the box and combine new delicacies with their own food culture.

Secondly, globalization allows people not only to immerse themselves into another culture but also helps them to discover the beauty of their own indigenous culture. In other words, instead of losing cultural identity, people would cherish their distinguished local culture. The American film industry, for example, has a tremendous impact on every corner of the world due to globalization. People in India discover the fascination of their films from Bollywood and enjoy watching national movies filling with Indian characteristic institutions rather than watching Hollywood-centric movies containing with American popular culture. Thus, globalization helps people to find their cultural identity.

To conclude, I am of the standpoint that globalization does not contribute to a complete disappearance of cultural identity because it makes people know more about others and their own cultures.

Hello everybody, I'm preparing my IELTS. Please give me comments and let me know what kind of problems do I have to avoid while writing an essay in Task 2. Thank you.
Based on English grammar rules, a sentence can never start with the word "because" as this is a connecting word. A connecting word is used to create a link between two related ideas within one sentence. You should always start the paraphrase with a direct topic sentence referring to the original discussion. Additionally, you need to take note of the descriptive word for the topic presentation. In this case the description said that "people fear", therefore, you cannot use the word "argued". The more appropriate word equivalent is "people have anxiety", for want of a better term.

Your first reasoning paragraph is well threshed out. It has a clear topic, contains appropriate examples, and offers applicable supporting explanations. These are the elements that were lacking in your second reasoning paragraph. That particular topic has a disconnect. How do the American films inspire Indians to value their culture more? There are lacking discussion points so the paragraph was rendered under developed in terms of explanatory presentations.

Remember that you have to summarize the previous discussion topic and reasons in the concluding summary. You cannot merely repeat your opinion and then call it a day. You have to present 3-5 sentences in that section just the same to achieve the proper paragraph format.
VicAl25092020 - / 2  
There are a few mistakes in your essay :
- Secondly, globalization not only allows people to immerse ...
- ... distinguished local culture.... I think you mean " distinguishing" which is " distinctive". People use "distinguished" to describe a "successful and admired" person.
- ... contain with American popular culture .... The verb "contain" is not followed by any prepositions.
- ... movies filling with Indian .... You should use passive voice here.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task2: It is argued that because of globalisation we will lose our cultural identity