It is often argued that learning History is considered to be great of significance

thomas99316 1 / -  

IELTS Writing: History and science

Some people say History is one of the most important school subjects. Other people think that, in today's world, subjects like Science and Technology are more important than History.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

It is often argued that learning History is considered to be great of significance, while some people believe that other subjects such as Science and Technology are more useful nowadays. In my opinion, I believe science and technology are beneficial in favor of world's advance.

On the one hand, learning history can be extremely rewarding. First of all, history is the experience of ancestors which is conducive to making decision. To illustrate, the history of world war depicts many strategies of succeeding in the fight, this experience prevents people to make second mistake. In addition, it is undeniable that history is the base of culture which represent various nationalities. In the primary school, children absorb this knowledge to build cognition of the world.

On the other hand, science and technology are much more important than history due to the advance of world. Currently, knowledge from science is essential to enhance the quality of society in many aspects such as medicine and construction. For instance, people are vaccinated to be immune to viruses which is a great advancement in science. In terms of construction, railway systems and skyscrapers are the research result of technology. With the advent of those, human culture can last for a long time with conquering many difficulties, and become the dominant creature in the world.

In conclusion, I believe learning history can get experience from the past, but learning science and technology are more important because they create the future with more practical knowledge.
The essay must provide at least 250 written words to avoid pre-scoring deductions. This presentation has not met the prescribed written word requirement. The examiner will have no choice but to apply word number deductions to the score. As this is done in relation to TA accuracy, the exam taker is risking starting the scoring basis from a failed score. As the writing is quite brief and does not follow the discuss both public points before explaining the writer's point of view, the essay cannot recieve full scoring considerations.

The discussion instruction for this type of essay is always comparative in format. To be precise, the writing formula is:

Public opinion 1 + Public opinion 2 = Personal Opinion

The writer must detach himself from the public opinion reasoning for the first 2 parts and instead, clearly show a general analysis (3rd person pronoun) of the public opinion:

The people who believe that... do so because... They appear to support this stance because... While this discussion has value, it is important to analyze the group that counters their opinion.

This opposing group says... These people explain that ... It is not for them to ...

After analyzing both opinions, I have come to the understanding that... That is why, I am of the opinion...

The sample above highlights discussion clarity and cohesivenews between paragraphs. The personal opinion must effectively reflect aqquick comparison reference to the public opinions that led to a concute opinion/support for one of the 2 views.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is often argued that learning History is considered to be great of significance