It is argued that railways are taking over roads as the most important transport

Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own
knowledge or experience.
.

It is argued that railways are taking over roads as the most important transport type so that the government should pay more money on it, I completely agree and think that government should spend money on railways rather than roads.

Firstly, railways do not have the problem of traffic jams. Since the operation mode of railways are settle in a timetable which there is only one train in a certain position, it will not occur traffic jam and stuck the path. In contrast, roads are in thousands of cars at the same time. Therefore, there are more accidents and traffic jam issue. It shows that money use in railways is more effective than roads. For example, during the traffic peak time like in the morning and evening, roads are always stuck by numerous of cars while railways are running effectively and never stuck. That's why spending money on railways are better than on the roads.

Secondly, railways can benefit all types of humans. In other words, railways can carry the elderly, children, adults, and those without a license while most of the cars on roads are private cars. Although there are buses on roads, there are still fewer amount of citizens who benefited from the development or improvement on roads compared to railways. For instance, the child is unable to drive private cars on the road when he can take any kind of railways. It provides the reason for spending money on railways instead of roads.

To conclude, I strongly believe that paying money to improve railways are more advantageous than roads because railways do not have the issue of traffic jam and most of us can benefit from it.
baotram1812 6 / 11  
Hi, your essay is good. However, i have some suggestions for you
1. Your introduction should be separated into 2 different sentences, because the first sentence is a common argument, and the second is your opinion. In the second sentence, I think you should only use "agree" like "agree with the government's proposal of spending more money..."

2.the operation mode of railways are-> is
3. You should use more synonyms of railway and road such as subway, highway...
Hope my suggestions useful!
You are misleading the reader. YOu have changed the discussion topic and discussion slant because of your improper prompt paraphrasing. When your prompt restatement is incorrect, your overall score will suffer. The error is clear in the breakdown below:

Original topic: Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads

Your Topic: It is argued that railways are taking over roads as the most important transport type so that the government should pay more money on it,

The original prompt does not indicate that railways are taking over roads as a transportation type. This is an incorrect statement as it is not supported by the original prompt. You should only be delivering new statements based on the original content and information. Do not make up your own discussion topics or reference points for the restatement. However, your response is still on track in reference to the question response.

Your prompt restatement and concluding summary do not meet the minimum 3 sentence requirement. These are not properly formatted into paragraphs. Both are run-on sentences and will receive proper points deductions in reference to the TA and GRA scoring considerations.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is argued that railways are taking over roads as the most important transport