Essay about the argument of TV purpose, for entertaining or education and information

Khoahoctunhien 1 / -  

IELTS WRITING TASK 2 about television

Some people think that the purpose of TV news programs is to entertain viewers. Others believe that news programs should be educational and informative. What do you think the purpose of TV news programs is? Discuss both views and support your opinion with reasons and examples.

The argument around the notion of the way television programs appear to the audiences with educational program and real information, which should be a priority over recreational purpose, is a debatable issue. Personally, though many entertaining programs have its own benefit to some extent, the meaning of educating people, with factual news, which bring viewers much more valuable data, should be made as an ultimate purpose for televisions in informative transmission. In this essay, I am going to give reasons and related examples upon this opinion.

People who support the idea of TV producers should broadcast more programs for entertaining and even make it pervasive among audiences, may point out that many programs like game shows, comedies,... is fascinating and completely fulfill their sense of relaxation. The reason is the recreational factors of one program can have positive contributions to them in some cases, easing tensions for those who are under stress. Comedies, for instance, might bring temporary happiness by its funny plot, making people feel free to have optimistic emotions.

Nevertheless, the aim of educating people, especially teenagers, and the need to receive accurate information have turned the purpose of TVs to the significant one, which fully outweighs the objective of entertainment. It is said that because these funny programs, in fact, show a sole advantage of entertainment and seems to be no contributions to personal development, while educational programs can fulfill it. Scientific programs is the best example, which appreciably convey specific insights for students and help them in cultivation of knowledge. Furthermore, the demand for approaching precise news through an explicit illustration have increased remarkably in this turbulent period. As a consequence, the exposure to up-to-date information helps people to perceive the ongoing events in the globe, making them realise the influences of those news, in which can raise awareness among the society in all aspects of life.

In conclusion, although the contributions of recreational programs cannot be denied, TVs producers should focus more on educating people and broadcasting accurately informative news, which will create more benefits in the long run.
Based on the confusing discussion approach to the topic provided, I believe that you created your own discussion series / questions based on the given topic. There is no way that a Task 2 essay prompt will be this confusing. As per our task 2 prompt records, the correct prompt for this essay is:

Some people say that television is useful in education, while others say it is useful only for entertainment. Do you agree or disagree?

A task 2 essay prompt is simple, direct, and contains only one discussion format. You have 2 different discussion formats presented that will go beyond the 5 paragraph discussion format for this task.

Prompt 1: What do you think the purpose of TV news programs is? This is a complete discussion question itself covering 2 reasoning paragraphs. No additional instructions are provided to this type of prompt.

Prompt 2: Discuss both views and support your opinion with reasons and examples. This is a seperate prompt that is discussed over 5 paragraphs (3 reasoning paragraphs).

Due to the incorrect and confusing prompt and discussion approach, I cannot properly review this essay. It is unscorable as well. An estimate as to whether you will pass or fail cannot be provided due to the confusing discussion instructions.

Come back with a correct Task 2 essay question and discussion, then I will review and assess your possibility of passing the test.
nhidinh1231 4 / 7 2  
You have a diverse word choice as I could find lots of synonyms in your essay.
I think that the two first paragraphs are extremely good, as, in the opening, you actually have an amazing paraphrase, while in the second paragraph, you totally give the public opinion about the recreational programs, not including your view of point.

In the third paragraph, there is a confusing problem, as you add your perspective here, from which should be totally separated into a new paragraph. Try to rewrite it, and I think your essay would get a high score
Liana2021 - / 1  
When students start looking for help on the Internet. They end up on a lot of writing services. But unfortunately not all of them are reliable. Of all the services that I tried one was the most reliable. Plus, like every student I was looking for a service with a loyal price, because the student's budget is limited. Absolutely all parameters of this service suited me.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about the argument of TV purpose, for entertaining or education and information