Argumentative Essay - Is it fair to control time of teenagers using internet or playing games?

kellywee1234 4 / 6 5  

the endless hole

Do you think parents will allow teenagers to play online games or surf on the internet if they knew the endless hole they are entering into? The use of internet and online games are ubiquitous in our daily life, and has evidently ameliorated the way of living. However, it may not be the case for some teenagers who lack self-control and got themselves lost in the internet world. The internet, if employed appropriately, may be beneficial for the teenagers' learning. It plays a salient role in many teenagers' lives, but it may also inadvertently affect their time management skills and the ability to socialize. Thus, it is absolutely fair to control time of teenagers using internet or playing games.

First of all, when a teenager has succumbed to the intriguing internet world, they may suffer from poor time management. When one is extremely focused on something, they lose track of the time. It is difficult to picture such scenario, but it is often true in most cases. For instance, a supposedly 1 hour play time may increase to 2 hours, and the addition continues. This is prevalent among students who overlook their commitments and fail to complete their work. In some cases, teenagers may also suffer from the lack of sleep due to their strong desire for online games. Such addiction is absolutely erroneous and should be condemned, as it deprives the teenagers of their responsibilities and brings disastrous impact on their life.

Secondly, the addiction may also affect the teenagers' ability to socialize. When teenagers get overly dependent on their devices, it may cause them to become less comfortable around others. For example, teenagers may opt to use devices in gatherings, as they find themselves more comfortable in the internet world instead of socializing. Additionally, they want to clinch a higher rank in the game and compete with their friends. As such, they want to maximize their free time in the games and often think that gatherings are superfluous. This mindset has caused many teenagers to suffer in the long run, as they no longer feel interested to communicate and lose the tendency to socialize. Hence, socializing skills among teenagers have exacerbated with the addiction.

Conversely, the internet may be advantageous to teenagers who employ it rightly. The internet provides a myriad of knowledge and these are often beneficial for students. Whenever students are dubious, they may search for the answers online. There are also free online courses that students may take according to their interests. If a teenager would like to learn how to play a guitar, there are a plethora of tutorial videos that one may learn from. These are extremely helpful for aspiring teenagers to pursue their interests for free. Furthermore, online games can also help to relieve students' stressful academic life. In such cases, the internet is a good place for learning and brings great beneficial effects to one's life.

Clearly, teenagers should be monitored in their usage of internet and playing games to prevent addiction. As such, no one would suffer poor time management, egregious socializing skills, and will benefit from the appropriate internet usage. Teenagers should be more self-conscious and do not abuse the freedom given to them. Parents also play an utterly vital role in guiding the teenagers and they should encourage the positive usage of internet while setting a time limitation. As this happens, teenagers will be able to access the internet for the right purposes and put the internet to good use. Internet can be a double-edged sword, and it all depends on how the user employs this advancement.
zozoloi 2 / 5  
Overall structure is good. Some words are bit repetitive (for example: teenager). Suggest to replace some of them. 'condemned, as' comma here seems unnecessary.
Waterloop 6 / 17  
I notice you used the word 'teenager' a lot, you may use other words to replace them so as to show the markers that you have a huge variety of vocabulary.

The words that can replace teenagers: Youngsters, students, juveniles and secondary students etc

Good luck :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Argumentative Essay - Is it fair to control time of teenagers using internet or playing games?