Argumentative Essay - students with good grades should be paid

sharadarige 15 / 25  
Argumentative Essay - Should students be paid for good grades?

Motivation is necessary for an individual to achieve better results irrespective of the type of work one does. One will be inspired when they are rewarded with awards, honors, scholarships or gifts on doing an exemplary work in the field of their choice. There are different parameters in which a work is judged in order to give the accolades.

In many universities students have to fetch the maximum grades to earn accolades. Some universities provide scholarships, internships, awards for the best performer. Providing monetary benefits to students is appreciable to an extent, as it increases the competitive spirit among students and helps them to pay the academic fees. Today, many students are going abroad to get better education. But due to financial crisis it is not possible for everyone to pay the semester's academic fee. In these cases universities has to conduct test to provide an aid or scholarships based on the grades one has achieved in order to support students if they are lacking financially else the society might fail in providing an opportunity for a deserved person . In order to implement these, universities should be funded from various organizations which may not be possible at all times, as this was observed during the economic recession period.

Providing monetary benefits to students solely based on grades is not efficient, as this may lead students in a wrong direction to focus on grades rather than to achieve excellence in the field of education, research etc. Achieving grades without gaining knowledge is not of any use, as one may neither improve the creative skills nor the thought process will be changed.

In conclusion I would say, students with good grades should be paid but they should be measured with different parameters like consistent performance, the nature of the job that is executed and delivered with respect to time period and skill.
Nightmelody 1 / 5  
In my opinion you provided good arguments. But there are a few who can be improved. For example [...] "as this may lead students in a wrong direction" can you give reasons why?

or another example [...] "like consistent performance" why did you provide performance as an example? and what other different parameters are there?
All in all I would suggest to have a longer and more detailed conclusion. I hope I could somewhat help you. good luck! :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Argumentative Essay - students with good grades should be paid