IELTS: arranged marriage or not? Which system is better?

mrscatoni 3 / 4  
please correct and give your impression.thank you

In some countries, marriages are arranged by the parents but in other cases, people choose their own marriage partner.
Discuss both systems.

In the contemporary era, most of the countries ancient traditions have face a significant revolution being replaced by modern rules and habits. However, old practises as the arranged marriage are still in use in some part of the world, whereas the choice of the life partner is the spouse priority in others. As everything, those options have pro and cons.

For example, the arranged marriage, namely either when parents or the whole family organise an union between two people who are not in love or even do not know each other, can be analysed from two points of view. As far as parents are concerned, it is an advantage, due to the common habit to celebrate the marriage to ameliorate their social status or share the wealth with others members of the community. As a consequence, the main aim for parents is to provide a theorical better life for their children. However, the couple has not choice, leading to an imposed life which is likely to not match personal likes and preferences. Moreover, this type of matrimony has nothing to do with love.

On the other hand, the modern and more widely accepted marriage is stipulated between two people who have fallen in love after a period of frequentation and possibly friendship. As a result, not only is the couple's choice to get married, but the relationship it is even more likely to last due to complicity and love which has been built over years. However, in this second option parents cannot help children with their experience and wisdom, being obliged to leave them free despite they might realize they are deciding wrongly.

In conclusion, as can be seen both marriages have advantages and drawbacks, although the arranged one suit more parents than the spouses. The opposite is often true for the other type of marriage.
basawang 10 / 76  
mrscatoni

In the contemporary era, most of the countries' ancient traditions have facefacing a significant revolution, whichbeing replaced these traditions withby modern rules and habits. However, the arranged marriage, one of those old practises, is still in use in some part of the world, whereas the choice of the life partner is the spouse's priority in others. As everything, those options have pro and cons.

Did my alteration change your original meanings? Especially the sentence highlighted with blue color.
isabellaclaudia 14 / 31  
in THIS contemporary era would be more suitable. i like your essay, you elaborate your point clearly and shift from one idea to another with good linking verbs.
abc1400 17 / 32  
practises --> practices
organise --> organize
analysed --> analyzed
theorical --> theoretical
basawang 10 / 76  
abc1400,

British English:
practise, organise, analyse

American English:
practice, organize, analyze
marucat 3 / 9  
However, the couple has not choice, leading to an imposed life which is un likely to not match personal likes and preferences. Moreover, this type of matrimony has nothing to do with love.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: arranged marriage or not? Which system is better?