IELTS Task 2: Art or other essential service? Discuss both views, give your opinions

sophienguyen92v 3 / 5  
Governments in the world spend large amounts of money to support arts. However, there are many other essential services, such as healthcare and education, that require urgent actions and subsidies. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

It is commonly accepted that art is concerned as an essential role in the society. This can be seen in both developed and developing countries, where art receives lots of supports from governments. However, opponents argue that it is necessary for leaderships to sustain other essential services immediately. I am of the latter belief for the following reasons.

In order to justify my point of view, I would like to state that, essential services, including education and the hospital sector, hold a significant position in our lives. For instance, there is no denying that one of the most benefits of education is getting a better paid job. As the modern world evolves, the fact that requirements for every type of jobs get more and more rigorous results in scared opportunities for low skilled workers. Meanwhile, because of qualifications and credentials education produce, people with high diplomas are often highly praised and promoted. Other sectors namely healthcare provide various service packages such as disease prevention for the purpose of creating better lives. That is how essential services contribute to the society.

Furthermore, it is indisputable that the existing essential services do not meet the demand from the society. Social statistics show that the population of the world in 2012 is approximately 7 billion and there is an increasing trend in this number. Consequently, the demand for essential services such as electricity, water and education will, irrefutably, keep reaching higher levels. Indisputably, no actions from government produce escalating rates in social evil and death. Therefore, it is a prime duty of leaderships to invest instantaneously and efficiently in these sectors.

Nevertheless, the importance of art is undeniable. Art, including music, theater, film and visual arts, contribute to the mind development. Art is a reflection of reality and children can get more knowledge through art. Moreover, doing art opens our imagination and brings confidence. For example, a child singing in stages tend to be more dynamic and sociable in various activities. In these cases, art cannot be ignored.

All things considered, there is a need for governments to devote more to the essential services enhancing. As is stated above, it is the importance and high demand that requires urgent actions from leaderships. Nevertheless, art is still needed to be sustained.
It is commonly accepted that art isconcernedconsidered as an essential rolepart in the society.

e.g. when you use the word role, it always goes with the verb "play"
Art plays an essential role in the society

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: Art or other essential service? Discuss both views, give your opinions