Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

IELTS2 WHAT DO ART TELL ABOUT LIFE THAT SCIENCE DO NOT?

BINUDANIEL 4 / 7  
The advancement of science and technology has positive impact, but arts like music and painting are also important. What do arts tell about life that science do not?

The breakthrough in the field of science and technology has ushered mankind into an unforeseen era. The impact of art on human life is running parallel to that of science. But still art and science have their separate domains. Even though, science is far more advanced than art, there are many things which arts teach about life but science does not.

Art is something which imitates life, may it in a painting or a beautiful song. Where science is able to record measurable facts from events of our world and life, art is able to depict the emotional, political and personal attitudes and reaction to those events of our life. For instance, the painting "Guernica" by Picasso is a well-known painting displaying the devastation that the Spanish Civil War had caused the town of Guernica. Where science may be able to look at the buildings of this town and tell the physical effects of the war, the painting can show the agony of the people of Guernica.

Life, as told by the artists, is not of the rigid truths, but opportunity and possibility in a myriad of wonderful natures. Unlike science, art is not dependant on observation and established facts, but on person when he understands his inner self and is free of any constraints to express it. Artist, not only do they demonstrate the creativity possessed by mankind, and what people can do with innovation, but they also break away from mortality's chain. They surpass the mortal pales to create something brilliant, which is always valued and also envied. To state an example, the world renowned painting of Mona Lisa with its enigmatic smile, by Leonardo da Vinci, still enchants many.

To put in a nutshell, art is something which we can never be measured similar to that of life. Art teaches us to live without limitation and to understand one self, only then we will be successful and achieve great heights.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS2 WHAT DO ART TELL ABOUT LIFE THAT SCIENCE DO NOT?