Artists' freedom to express their ideas

stku 2 / 2  
Artists should always be given the freedom to express their ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Revolution originates from the freedom of invention. I believe there is a right for artists to express their feelings with limited restrictions based on ethics and legislations.

There were a bunch of controversial performances as well as exhibitions I've heard of all over the world. The most impressive one for me should be a show held by Argentine artist, in which the audience was allowed to use everything she provided, including a gun, a knife and so forth, to do whatever they want to her during the 10-hour show. In her description this show hurt but changed herself a lot. This kind of performance went far beyond my imagination. If there is no respect to the freedom of expression, it could never happen.

On the other hand the governments such as the Chinese have made rules and rating systems in order to throttle the so-called political incorrect information from the public. Within these the government is enable to be well-controled on avoiding offensive, radical, or violent images from the people. But the result could turn out bad while the measures were taken wrong. For instance, the restrictions have gone too far on the case of Ai Wei-Wei, a significant icon in China.

In summary, I back on the artists' freedom to express their ideas and emotion if the artworks pose no threat to social order or physical health of the public.
nurannisaputry92 36 / 27 2  
Revolution originates from the freedom of invention. I believe there is a right for artists to express their feelings with limited restrictions based on ethics and legislations.(you have to have strong position by mentioning your statement whether agree or disagree)

let me modify your introduction:
As it is commonly understood that revolution originates from the freedom of invention. I personally agree that it is right for artist to express their feelings with consideration to limit restriction, including ethics and legislation.

in which the audience was allowed to use everything (that/which/comma) she provided
angga93 42 / 74 20  
Paragraph 1
Revolution originates from the freedom of invention. I believe there is a right for artists to express their feelings with limited restrictions based on ethics and legislations . You have to state your position, whether agree or disagree, clearly; here is my suggestion:I strongly agree with this statement that the freedom to express idea should be given to artists

Paragraph 2
If there is no respect to the freedom of expression, it could never happen. [Conditional sentence problem ]. here is my suggestion: if there is no respect to the freedom of expression, it will never happen

Home / Writing Feedback / Artists' freedom to express their ideas