GRE: Arts does not needs to have the public eyes.

leebongho 1 / -  
Topic : In order for any work of art-for example, a film, a novel, a poem, or a song-to have merit, it must be understandable to most people.

With the initiation of society. art has been accompanying the development of society. Some people In contemporary society, any work of art should appeal the public. I partially agree with this argument. And I point out the possibility of future appreciation and the diversity of art.

Admittedly, the burgeoning of art has had much something with the appreciation of people. The more understandable this art become to the people the more developed the art have been. The most striking example is Jackson Pollock's arts. His drawing method is totally different from the contemporary's. A lot of artists inveigh his piece that his piece is so peculiar that it could not contain any value. Nevertheless, his abnormal arts did draw the public attention, result in the escalation in value of his arts. Unless could it acquire any interest from the public, even it could not be called art. Thus. It may follows that the recognizing of people should be followed to guarantee the value of arts.

Nonetheless, it is not entirely possible that the popular interest could offer all the arts the merit. Sometimes, it needs to assess the value of art figure in the long run, even though it is hard for us to understand what the arts intend to present. Korean artists, Lee Bongsam's arts is one of the exemplary case. When he is alive, his pieces have been evaluated to be invaluable. However, after a few decades, a lot of people recognized that his styles is the precursory style, compared with the contemporary artists'. As a result, his pieces are reappraised to be one of the masterpiece. Therefore. Without taking the unforeseen value into the consideration, there could be arguing that the interest of majority could only give the value to arts.

Moreover. Arts does not needs to have the public eyes so as to encourage the diversity of arts, which is also valuable. According to the development of mass media. The public preference could have some prejudice, which means it could reject any other views different from their own perspective. When the artists are free from the sight of the public, they can express their feeling into the piece. Jang gi-ha, one of the typical Korean indie singer is one of the good case. They could compose a lot of score, because of the ensured foundation where the minor arts could survive independently. As a result. Coffee, one of his best song. Could be released, ranked #1 in the Korean pop charts. In this sense, without considering fully the public interest, the arts could be flourished by multiplicity of sorts.

All in all, without the appreciation of art in value, it could keep its life. However. Its value could be dependent on the interest of public all the time. We need to ponder the value estimation of art to consider the diversity of arts and value in the long run.
testtaker 6 / 20 4  
What I see, firstly, in your essay is that, you have a tendency to use full stop (.) abundantly! :) No offense!

With the initiation of society. art has been...

You can put a comma in place of full stop here.

Some people In contemporary society, any work of art should appeal the public.

I can't understand what you mean.

Nevertheless, his abnormal arts did draw the public attention, resultresulted in the escalation in value of his arts.

'abnormal arts' sounds a bit incorrect in this context.

Thus. It may follow that the recognition of people should be followed to guarantee the value of arts.

Again misplaced full stop and I think I can understand what you intend to mean, but the sentence fails to convey its message clearly. This is not the only one, there are some other sentences like this one.

Korean artist Lee Bongsam's arts is one of the exemplary case.

You mix up present and past tense.

When he was alive, his pieces were evaluated to be invaluable.

According to the development of mass media.

According to mass media, what? Complete the sentence.

a lot of people recognized that his styles was ...

Therefore, without taking ...

there could be argument /quote]
[quote=leebongho]Moreover, Art does not need.. .

They could compose a lot of score because of the ensured foundation where the minor arts could survive independently

As a result, Coffee, one of his best song, could be released, ranked 1 in the Korean pop charts.

However, Its value

Again, the full stop!

I think you should pay intense attention to sentence structure and tense. You will benefit from the habit of reading at least one article from English dailies, magazines or story books.
With the initiation of society(no full stop) art has been accompanying the development of society.Some people In contemporary society, any work of art should appeal the public. I partially agree with this argument. And I point out the possibility of future appreciation and the diversity of art.

... The word "society" is getting repeated too much. Your opinion is not very clear (highlighted sentence). I feel you better rephrase that line.

Arts does not needs

Arts do not need / Art does not need/ Art not needs .../ Art not need ...

Home / Writing Feedback / GRE: Arts does not needs to have the public eyes.