[IELTS TASK 2] - ARTS AND SCIENCE; unique traits of arts vs science and technology

lamnhathuy 1 / 4  
Topic:
In today's world of advanced science and technology, we still greatly value our artists such as musicians, painters and writers.

What can arts tell us about life that science and technology cannot?

It is undeniable that we have witnessed a remarkable advancement of science and technology in this digital era; however, many artists still receive deep respect from people. This essay will specify two valuable life aspects empowered by arts that science and technology fail to do.

Obviously, many profound lessons in life manifest themselves in various forms of art such as literature, music and painting. Although many artworks reflect a myriad of cultural, customary and religious features which are transmitted through generations, they remain simple yet informative enough to reach the mass audience. For example, the painting "The Last Supper" of Leonardo da Vinci conveys meaningful messages nested inside the beliefs of Christianity which has attracted people's attention for hundreds of years. Such masterpieces are clear evidence for the fact that the fundamental role of arts in delivering ideas and preserving cultural values cannot be replaced by science and technology.

Arts also enrich creativity and imagination which are indispensable elements in life. It has always been those cognitive skills of human that serve as the precursor of many scientific innovations throughout the history. For instance, numerous scientific breakthroughs such as spaceship and self-driving car were actually inspired by fiction novels. Thus, there is no doubt that a lot of inspirational artists are promoting creativity in the public through their aesthetic works of art, which will keep our civilization constantly heading toward the advancement of science and technology.

In conclusion, certain unique traits of arts definitely surpass science and technology in the two aforementioned domains despite the significant values of theirs counterpart in modern society.
Rich Monte 2 / 94 2  
Very good essay. What I would possibly add is how arts and science can complement each other (you have good examples, but you may want to make this point). Also, a good argument would be to mention the field of philosophy which has created a lot of advancement in society through the implementation of technology.
OP lamnhathuy 1 / 4  
Thank you for the suggestions, I appreciate your help :D
I should really think about your idea about "arts and science can complement each other"

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS TASK 2] - ARTS AND SCIENCE; unique traits of arts vs science and technology