IELTS Letter ; Asking a friend to be my partner!

sophisticated 4 / 9 2  
This letter is for 136 words only ... i need atleast 150+ ... any lines I can add

One of your friends has asked you to be a partner in his new business.

Write a letter to reply friend's offer. In your letter

*Give your opinion of your friend's offer business idea
*Tell him whether or not you have decided to accept his offer
*and explain your reasons for this decision

Dear Gary
I hope you are fit and fine Gary. Thanks a ton for some time to research and analyses about your business proposal. I think sea-food restaurant will fill the bill in the City center.

Having dined at almost every restaurant in the area, I believe the sea food idea will work wonders. Firstly, there aren't any authentic Caribbean Sea food restaurants in the city center. Sea food lovers have to dig down to city's outskirts where one or two restaurants cater Caribbean cuisine. After much planning and research, I am all in for this idea.

In terms of investment, $10000 is bit too much for a new restaurant. I think $7000 would allow us to get started on the right foot.

I hope we can work together which will be mutually beneficial to both of us.
Yours sincerely
Peter Roberts
gmad06 20 / 151 55  
I think sea-food restaurant will fill the bill in the City center.

Firstly, you can move this sentence into your first body paragraph.
To add in some words to your intro,tell him why you are writing the letter.

How are you? I hope everything is fine. This letter is in response to the restaurant business proposal you sent me last week. I appreciate the time you spent on doing ample research about the proposal and the opportunity you gave me to do bussiness with you.

Having dined at almost every restaurant in the area, I believe the sea food idea will work wonders. Firstly, there aren't any authentic Caribbean Sea food restaurants in the city center. Sea food lovers have to dig down to city's outskirts where one or two restaurants cater Caribbean cuisine.

this is your first body paragraph. expand and give examples if you wish

After much planning and research, I am all in for this idea

This will be your second paragraph,expand and give examples if you wish

This is for your last paragraph.tell him why you think 10k is a bit too much to make your letter longer..

there are numerous ways to lengthen your letter, all you need is to have a better structure for your ideas to flow...

hope this helps...
I hope you are fit and fine Gary .

I hope you are in good health / I hope you are doing fine

Thanks a ton for some time to research and analyses about your business proposal.

.... this is a confusing sentence. Also, before you come to this point try to talk about the background;
I am very impressed with your business proposal and it seems you have put lots of effort and time in researching important aspects and analyzing its feasibility.
OP sophisticated 4 / 9 2  
dumi
thats wonderful ... thanks a lot Dumi

This is very good writing. You can write well and I feel you have improved a lot with the approach too. I wish to stress the points on my first suggestion above. The first one is about the tone. He's your friend , so you've got to be friendly, less serious and polite. However, the subject is a serious one because you are deciding to enter into a joint venture. So, don't use a tone that is too informal. That's the reason I cut the word "Gary" off. Always make sure you adopt the right tone to give the right feeling to the reader.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Letter ; Asking a friend to be my partner!