Austen's satire of society; Pride and Prejudice essay - Check

xeidus 1 / -  
Can someone please check for mistake or help add college level diction to my essay. Thanks.

Pride and Prejudice
Through means of literary work and intellect, Jane Austen citizens her society during the Victorian age. Austen's salient subject in many of her works is humanity, and institutionalize her work such as Pride and Prejudice in sake of improving the societal factions that uphold its citizens. The author uses her usual legion of satire to evince the apparent criticism of the oppressive figures of wealth through injustices of marriage and class consciousness by methods of characterization.

Words spoken by the narrator in the chapters in the beginning of the novel reflects the topic of marriage. "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" (Chapter 1). This reflects Mrs. Bennents mind frame over the institution of marriage during the Victorian age. Fact the she agrees frivolously reflects her submission to the pressure of society by tempting to marrying off her elder Bennett girls to men with monetary means. It is also notable and humored by Austen that such acts about marriage were widely prevalent in her society, were marriage was no longer over love but rather a contract of social and finical advantages. "My reasons for marrying are, first, that I think it is a right thing for every clergyman in easy circumstances to set an example in his parish" (Chapter 19). Mr. Collins is no doubtingly is a commercial character symbolizing the vanity in his class status. It is acknowledged that Collins has no respect for Elizabeth and proposes to her through pity of her family's situation and his own clerical obligations. He is so disillusioned in his own vanity that he is unable to accept Elizabeth's refusal and he considers his duty discharged and transfers his affections on to Charlotte Lucas. His absurd character and Mrs. Bennet's frivolous actions solidify Austen's portrait of how society saw marriage as a business deal rather than a declaration of love.

The class conscious society of her era is shown vividly and efficiently by Austen. The prevailing attitudes of class and social hierarchy is accentuated through the interaction between Elizabeth and the Bingley sisters. "Her manners were so pronounced to be very bad indeed, - a mixture of pride and impertinence! She had no convention, no style, no taste, no beauty " (Chapter 8). The parallel sentences characterizes the snobbish and pompous behavior of Miss Bingley. Their prejudice of Elizabeth's loving affections for her sisters leads them to look down on her actions to care for her sister. Austen satirizes class consciousness and social formalities on how the Bingley sisters are so abject and submissive to society that they scorn out anybody outside of their social circle. Austen manifest the idea of desired traits such as intellect and virtue. Their snobbery shows they lack intellect to reason and clouds them to understand Elizabeth's actions for doing what she does.

The ultimate goal of Austen's satire of society is to make it possible for change and improvement. Through various characterization of oppressive figures of wealth she points out the flaws in society that requires improvement.
Um, didn't Jane Austen die in 1817? And didn't the Victorian period begin in 1837? And wouldn't that make "Jane Austen citizens her society during the Victorian age" a rather odd statement to make, even if we changed the word "citizens" to "criticizes" in order to make it something other than utter nonsense?

Beyond that, you jump about too much, trying to cover too much material. Focus more narrowly on either what Austen has to say about marriage, or about class structures, or about the need for social change. If you try to cover all of them, your essay will lack depth and fail to say anything meaningful about the novel.
Citizens--Criticizes... That's the kind of weird mistake that comes from over-zealous word processing program auto-correct functions. I hate those things!

Through means of literary work and intellect, Jane Austen criticizes ...

This is an important sentence, below, and it should be made clear:

The author uses her usual legion of satire to evince the apparent criticism of the oppressive figures of wealth ridicule patriarchal society and injustices ...

Also:

The fact that she agrees frivolously reflects her submission to ...

Mr. Collins is no doubtingly is a commercial character symbolizing the vanity ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Austen's satire of society; Pride and Prejudice essay - Check