AUSTRALIA - DESTINATION FOR THE JOBSEEKERS

dodoyt 1 / -  

Inflow of foreign workers in Australia

The bar chart illustrates the changes in the number of people immigrating into Australia for permanent settlement and temporary work in a span of ten years.

Overall, during the first half of the given period, the number of permanent settlers was higher than temporary workers, whilst an opposite trend was observed over the last period.

Looking at the chart more closely, in 1992, around 40000 people came to Australia becoming permanent settlers, more doubled those for temporarily working. The figure declined dramatically, hit a low of 13000 people in 1994 and remained stable until 1996. By contrast, the number of people immigrating for working temporarily was less than permanent workers, with the figure standing at just around 15000 people in 1993, remaining stable from 1992 to 1996.

In the period between 1997 to 2001, transient employees rise gradually in number, reaching a peak of over 45000 people in 2001, despite a slight fluctuation in 1999. As can be seen the same mainstream in permanent settlers but still less than 1992.

in a span of ten years.

While this reference does indicate the number of years covered by the measurement, it does not accurately portray the period of measurement, which is a must in terms of information delivery within the summary. Therefore, you should have indicated the starting year (1992) and the end year (2001) as the reference points for the decade coverage.

in 1992

Be more specific about this year. What is this in reference to? The start of the measurement? The middle? Remember, you have to assume that the reader will not be seeing the image so every bit of information you present must have accurate reference points or target. You could have indicated that "When the measurements started in 1992..." for a clear reference starting point in the analytical paragraph.

around 40000 people came to Australia becoming permanent settlers, more doubled those for temporarily working.

There is a lack of subject clarity in the second part. What more than doubled? What was the actual number? Numerical references in the thousands were used throughout the chart, kindly make sure to always refer to actual data to give clarity to your statements.

employees rise gradually

Use the reference "rose" since that action was considered to be in continous movement within the graph at that point.

As can be seen the same mainstream in permanent settlers but still less than 1992.

Not sure what you are trying to refer to here.

You have a problem with thought clarity and information presentation. You appear to not be able to think and write in a manner that clearly explains what you mean in English. This will be a major scoring down for you in an actual test. Focus on developing your English writing skills in terms of restatement skills.

Home / Writing Feedback / AUSTRALIA - DESTINATION FOR THE JOBSEEKERS