Task 1 IELTS Australian teenager's eating fast food

Amjad_345 1 / -  

consumption of fast food in australia

The line chart below gives information about the quantity and the type of junk food eaten by Australian adolescents between 1975 and 2000.

All in all, Pizza and Hamburgers had a similar profile as they continue to rise sharply till finally reached constant value. Conversely, Fish and Chicken had fluctuated line until nearly 1983 when they plunged suddenly.

It's remarkable that Pizza profile started and continued in rising at the beginning with Hamburger's got higher extent in distribution between Australian teenagers. For instance, in 1980 teenagers had eaten pizza reached almost 20 times a year while hamburger consumption was nearly 63 times per year. However, both had increased till around 83 for Pizza and 100 times eaten per year for Hamburgers then stopped rising, this was in nearly 1990.

On the other hand, the Fish and Chips was the most popular amongst other fast food mentioned previously as it peaked in around 1972 to reach 100 times eaten per year. In spite of this, the line became fluctuated to fall in about 1980 then the last peak was nearly in 1983 just below 100 times. After all, the popularity of this kind of snacks had fallen steeply to reach its lowest point in around 2000.

Amjad, the essay that you wrote could have been better if you had followed the format requirements for the summary overview. Rather than writing two separate short sentences at the start, you should have instead, combined that information into the first paragraph. It could have been combined because the information provided is an accurate overview of the forthcoming discussion. Thus, you would have created a clear outline for the discussion paragraphs. One of the strong points of this essay is the fact that you clearly analyzed all of the provided information. This is reflected in the way that you were able to make an acceptable assumption regarding the consumption of Pizza at 83 when the graph did not clearly make a reference to digits. This shows that you can properly analyze the essay even in the English language. Your presentation is very good. Save for that one problem at the start of the essay, I do not see why this cannot earn you a score of 6 or 7.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1 IELTS Australian teenager's eating fast food