The average amount of carbon dioxide emitted per each individual person in four European countries

quynhmai 1 / -  

The average carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions per person in four countries

The graph below shows the average carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions per person in the United Kingdom, Sweden, Italy and Portugal between 1967 and 2007.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph illustrates the average amount of carbon dioxide emitted each individual in 4 Europe countries over the 40-year period.
In general, although the median emissions of carbon dioxide for all four regions showed some fluctuation from year to year, we could identify some clearly upward and downward trends.

In 1967, about 4 metric tonnes of carbon dioxide were produced by a Italian citizen. This figure rose steadily until 1997 to reach approximately 8 metric tonnes and then levelled off. Sharing the same trends with Italy, the proportion of Portugal went up noticeably 4 metric tonnes, from the starting point at 1 to 5 metric tonnes in the end of the period.

By contrast, the carbon dioxide emissions for the other two countries decreased by varying degrees. There was a gradual fall in the rate of carbon dioxide in United Kingdom during the given period. This proportion began with the highest number at 11 metric tonnes, kept decreasing and finally peaked 9 metric tonnes in 2007. The most fluctuated moving was the carbon dioxide production in Sweden. There was a sharp growth from 8 to 11 metric tonnes over 10 years, but then declined dramatically until 2007 and reached the similar level as Portugal at 5 metric tonnes.

Be mindful of the writing time deadline. Practice writing with a timer in an actual exam set-up. By doing so, you will begin to understand why the 20 minute time allowance will never result in 248 words written. The idea is to write a simple analytical report. A summary of the image information. It need not be over analyzed or presented. 150-200 words will be more than sufficient for this task.

Do not mistake more written words for a higher score. This is a misconception presented by some who believe that meeting the word count or more will result in a passing score. Wordcount is only a fraction of the scoring element. It is not the only scoring basis.On the contrary, it lowers the score because of avoidable errors that were not corrected because editing time gave way to writing time. This happened several times in this essay.

Quite frankly, the way this essay is presented, it is not possible to accomplish in an actual scenario. You have to learn to write in short but understandable sentences, resulting in coherent and cohesive paragraphs.

Home / Writing Feedback / The average amount of carbon dioxide emitted per each individual person in four European countries