Average distance in miles traveled by English person per year 1985 and 2000.

Emma Le 1 / -  
The table indicates changes among the modes of transportation in England, particularly, the average distance in miles traveled per person per year in two years: 1985 and 2000.

In general, the public transportation group like local and long distance bus or train and taxi, is used less than the private transportation one- car, bicycle and walking. In that, travelled by car is utilized as the most common transportation in two years. That can be seen clearly that car is about over the half of total modes. Taxi, conversely, is the smallest number of used people and equals 13 and 42, in 1985 and 2000 respectively.

It is separately determined in the private transportation that bicycle and walking have slight decrease about 10 and 20 respectively among two years. However, car markedly rises and equal triple the total of two over transportation.

Turn to the public transportation group, local and long distance bus have the adverse number of used people. Specifically, local bus was the highest figure of this group with 429 in 1985 and steeply dipped with 274 in 2000, while long distance bus move positively from 54 to 124. Train and taxi also grow considerably among two years.

-203 words-
nickyzhi 8 / 21 8  
hi emma,

per person per year
a person per year

bus or train and taxi,
by bus,train or taxi

I don't know your prompt so I cannot figure out more mistakes, try to put detailed prompt up :)
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Including the picture of the graph is a must. The picture helps readers understand the logical order easily.

Thanks to the search on Google, I bring it to this board :D

Turning to the table, let me try to write an introductory statement:
The table shows the average distance of miles traveled per person using different means of transport in England, from 1985 to 2000

Then followed by an overview:
Overall, people from England were keen on travelling much in 2000, if compared to the year 1985. This can be seen from the total distance experiencing a dramatic increase, from 4740 to 6475, a rise of about 1735 measured in miles in 15 years.

bicycle and walking have slight decrease about 10 and 20 respectively among two years

The average people walked 255 miles in 1985. However, this experienced a slight decrease to 237 in 2000. At the same time, people riding bicycles covered the average distance from 51 to 41 miles.

For the next writing, please include the picture and use the language of comparison. By doing so, you will earn a good score :D

Home / Writing Feedback / Average distance in miles traveled by English person per year 1985 and 2000.